HIV Prevention Community
ASR symptoms time frame

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

ASR symptoms time frame

Is there a specifc time frame from protential exposure that ASR symptoms occurs?  I have read that if you do have ASR symptoms that they usually show between 2-4 weeks after potential infection date.  Would it be possible to have ASR symptoms around 8 weeks after potential infection or do the symptoms usually show up fast, if they do show at all?
No and you don't need symptoms to be infected. You were told that you needed to test and when to test back in March.
Avatar n tn
I was tested; however, it was only after 2-3 weeks after possible infection (probably a waste of a test).  I plan on getting tested again in early June.  Right now, I am about 8 weeks from possible infection date.  I was going to wait until June to make sure I have a full 3 months to be certain of test results.  My question was regarding the time frame of ASR symptoms (if they do occur at all).  Is 8 weeks usually out of the ASR window?  I understand that one could be infected and never have ASR symptoms; however, starting yesterday, I began to have a slight sore throat along with body (muscle) aches.  I do not have a fever.  
Yes 8 weeks is to late for ARS.