HIV Prevention Community
Aches and pains

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Aches and pains

I'm experiencing dull muscle ache in some areas of my body 9 weeks after exposure. Is this a HIV symptom in most cases or could it just be down to the stress and aniexty i have? I've also had every symptom going, fever, diaherra (diarrhea), mouth ulcers etc

thanks
anxiety only way to know GET TESTED bottom line
had protected sex but recieved unprotected blow job from a female escort. everybody is posting saying low risk or no risk but more and more symptoms keep appearing
ANXIETY thats all you have no risk from a blow job unprotected
didnt think aniexty could cause muscle ache and pain??
it can cause anything to happen and also STRESS thats even worst put them together and the body can go crazy with all kinds of symptoms read up on it
ignore symptoms, your risk was astronomically small to nothing. If you are nervous an antibody test at 9 weeks is over 98% accurate. I would only do this for peace of mind and nothing else.
http://www.managingfear.com/

go to this site it will help you a lot
got my 12 week test, well 83 days, booked in 3 weeks. think i'll just wait for that one. the thing thats freakin me out is my girlfriend coz she now has a sore throat and 2 mouth ulcers. we've only had sex once since my risk though. the stress and aniexty is killing me. its all these symptoms coupled with some weird red spots i've found on my hands thats worrying. these spots, 1 on each hand, could have been there before and they could appear and disapear all the time! its only because i keep looking at my body all the time. i am stupid
had a negative test for hiv and std at 34 days BTW
Symptoms mean nothing because every symptom associated with ARS is also caused by hundreds of things way way way more common than HIV. Your 34 day test should give you some comfort because around 90% or more will have tested positive by then. Either way, you will be happy in 3 weeks.
won't be happy if its positive will i
look you dont have hiv go to the site i posted you and see
it won't be, you will see...you will be happy. I'm going through a scare myself so I know how it feels. My risk was higher than yours and doctors and healthcare workers are telling me no risk and that I did not need testing in the first place. Things will be ok.
ok. i live in a place called York in the UK. no idea what clinics are like in the US but the doctor i saw for my 34 day test put the fear of god in to me. when i told her that i had protected sex but recieved a unprotected blow job she sighed and just looked at a sheet of paper in front of her with a surprised wide eyed look on her face! surely she must see things with a higher risk than me! or is this just a scare tactic?? ... i saw a different lady when i got my results back and she was better. i asked her what do u think my chances are of being negative at 12 weeks and all she said was that oral is a risk and if your negative at 12 weeks then your negative period. that also scarred me a bit because i thought she might have re-assured me a bit!
she probably thought isnt this guy educated on hiv i mean come on hiv from blowjob its so low risk that if you caught hiv from it you will make history
No one in the GUM clinic told you that you were at risk from receiving a blow job.
i know. i'm now a bit more educated on hiv so i knows its a low risk but i looked up hiv on internet on a monday morning and thought i'd go for a test in the afternoon, which i did, to kick his thing in the bum! little did i no about the window period! which is whats making me feel **** coz it gives me soo much time to think about what if's ...
your right. she only said oral, not blow job. but i thought a bit of reassurance wouldnt have gone a miss!
look i would not waste my time testing over oral its a waste of time and money
There is a risk, so here it is. You had protected sex which is protected so that is out of the question. On to the risk.  It is has been estimated that a male has a 0.5 in 10,000 chance of acquiring HIV through receiving unprotected oral sex with a known HIV+ carrier. That's 0.005% chance per act...that's an astronomically small risk (not even enough to consider). I would spend more time worrying about lightning stiking you than receiving a bj. You have a much much higher chance of this happening than any HIV concern (knock on wood about the lightning). These figures I have gotten from reputable sites and doctors in person. HIV has been studied for 20+ years and there are only several cases that have been reported this way and I believe in each case there were other risk factors. Cases are just not reported through oral sex alone. I am not a doctor, so I can't give professional advice, but putting the facts, tests you have done and risk factors together you can see for yourself that the risk is nothing to worry about. I know the anxiety with this issue, I have it myself. So on this you are not alone. I still say you will be happy in 3 weeks.
look go to i need help .com
Forgot to mention you had a 34 day test done which was negative so that decreases your 0.005% chance even more.
i know i shouldn''t worry but your right, its the anxiety. its the fact that my girlfriend has started with sore throat and has mouth ulcers. but then again shes been out drinking 4 out of the last 9 nights over xmas/new year so shes drunk to much and caught a virus or cold. but when anxiety kicks in its the other way, i have hiv and i have passed it on to her! so there we go. i am stressed up to the max
definition for ANXIETY
i have hiv and i have passed it on to her! so there we go. i am stressed up to the max
ok mate, chill out i am trying to educate myself on hiv and my risks
thats why your anxiety is up reading on symptoms and when to test look i have been their but i had a risk you dont dont keep searching because its a waste of time
what was your risk? did everything turn out ok?
my risk was with an escort and condom came off and yes i tested on day 84 and was negative go to this site here and see arent you having these symptoms    http://www.lindenmethod.com/anxiety-symptoms/
why are you still on this forum if your test was negative?
to help people like you there are people here that helped me a lot and i wanted to show my apprciation for that and i know what its like to worry all the time day and night
thats a fair comment. i've had some great help so far, on here and especially on a site from the uk - www.freedomhealth.co.uk. its free and the doctors are very efficient with their responses. i should get my negative result and stay off these sites but i see were you are coming from. i wouldnt mind educating myself properly, maybe at a local group or college course and helping people deal with what i'm going thru either in person or the internet. got a lot more to learn yet tho!
look like i said you didnt get hiv from your exposure
hopefully your right. thanks for your help and information you provided.
i know i am right