Aa
A
A
Close
Acute Hiv-Infection?
Hello,

I had three weeks before vaginal intercourse with prostitutes. Unfortunately, unprotected. I was drunk. Had washed me immediately after intercourse.

Since I suffer. I do not know what to do. after 1 week so far I've Temperaurschwankungen. I feel hot and schwwitze. I did not have fever. The temperature ranged from 36.0 to 36.7 Crad. After 2 weeks I had a sore throat / dry throat. After 2.5 week, I feel that my throat is swollen and my lymph nodes are swollen. A friend is a nurse and could not feel any lymph nodes. Today, after 3 weeks of the hare is in order. But today I had mild diarrhea.

I'm scared and do not know how we go from here. I have to go to trial.

Are the symptoms of acute HIV infection?
Cancel
9 Answers
Page 1 of 1
You never had a temp. Temp with ARS are 38.5 and up. ARS if one has it at all comes on 2-4 weeks post exposure and lasts 1-2 weeks.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks for the quick reply.

Last night I received total panic. Had diarrhea right. Had just been in the hospital and got my study from a friend. Have a slight sore throat and no lymphadenopathy.

Result from the Hiv test I get this afternoon. Hopefully the test goes good. Do not know how to survive the time.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Got my test results and it is negative. It was an antibody-antigen test. Complete blood count was fine.

I must again to check test. What do you appreciate how safe is a Antigen-/Antikörpertest after just over 3 weeks?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
The DUO test you had is an excellent result but you need a final test at 3 months.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Again I have survived a week. My sore throat has now been over 2 weeks since and do not want to go away.

I would now again make an Hiv-test. Do you think that makes sense?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Can any one tell me more, what to do. I'm totally unsure how to proceed.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Test at 3 months for a 100% conclusive result.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
There are no tests marketed or sold to give a conclusive negative test result earlier than 3 months post exposure.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Acute Hiv-Infection?
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources