HIV Prevention Community
Acute hiv rash???

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Acute hiv rash???

Please, answer me...

this Rash

http://0.tqn.com/d/firstaid/1/7/2/D/-/-/Hives_Paul_Cutler.jpg

Is it related to hiv infection??? acute infection???this one looks like urticaria

I saw some pictures and those of hiv are totally different ,

I had this on the legs , 1 year and a half ago, I had sex with condoms (except oral...)

Hope for answers, ty
We don't look at pictures.
You had protected vagainal and/or anal sex then you had no risk.
ok but I want to know if it looks like that
The rash that is associated with HIV is not on the surface of the skin, it sits underneath it, kind of like meningitis.  It does not itch and if you did not see it you would not know that it was there.
this one from the picture itches a lot, and disappears in cold water, than show again some time later, but with a different form,

the rash also started as a small area in the feet that looked like mosquito bites, and then after itchy, formed a bigger area,

as I said, disappeared after exposed to cold water, and showed again some time later...lasted 2 days max

I had it in the legs/top of the feet, under the knees...only

no other symptoms
Ok, great...read what has been written about your risk.
yes, im not interested in my risk, Id like to know if hiv rash is similar to hives , if does itchy , and if it has those characteristics, looks

internet is full of screenshots of different kinds of rashes and some pictures that are used to show different types are related to hiv also,

so I want to know what info is correct...

its for information purposes

Hiv rash does look like those from the picture or NOT?
HIV rash does not itch
How could you not be interested in your risk??  You are asking about a "rash"...and inquiring if it looks like an HIV related rash.  Simply put...it could NOT be an HIV related rash if you didn't have an exposure to HIV...right?  That would be like a virgin asking about pregnancy related symptoms.
well, In case I get infected, id like to know how it looks like

its for prevention purposes, the one I had i know it isnt ,

most people who is sexually active or have a partner "they trust"can be exposed to the virus,everyone should know how this looks like

I first discovered about how skin rash can be related to hiv exposure when I had it and didmy researches,

and internet is full of wrong information, thats why Im here, to get rid off my doubts about it

Anyways, does it looks like the one from picture or not? Somebody already answered it does not itchy

can some1 place a link to a typical acute hiv rash???

Im sure the information will be useful to others too
Knowing what an HIV rash looks like isn't a good prevention measure.  Prevention would be understanding what is and isn't a risk. If one doesnt place themselves at risk, then there is no worry.

Symptoms are NEVER a good indicator when it comes to assessing a possible risk.  Some people never get one symptom, some people have classic "ARS" symptoms yet are not infected.  

We don't get into discussing symptoms in this community, because it really is not useful, and actually increases anxiety, if you read through the forum a bit, you will see how many people become obsessed over their perceived "symptoms".

Knowing what an HIV rash looks like is not important.  What is important is that you always protect yourself.
ok of the following , which is considerated risk???

1 - unprotected oral sex (swallowing)
2- unprotected oral sex with semen exposure (spit)
3 - eye contact with semen
4 - penis contact with the vagina (without condom/ little penetration for a few seconds)

I read through the forum and looks like some answers arent serious...

these are risky???

I forgot to mention, im an adult movie star, and Id like to know what is safe to do my job the best way possible ;)
by the way, I never had vaginal/anal unpprotected sex, but my job requires me to perform oral and swallow/spit
hiv is transmitted through...

unprotected vaginal / anal intercourse
sharing iv drug works
mother to child
If you are in the adult film bussines. You need to learn all about HIV and the risks. You also need to learn about testing. For the line of work your in HIV and STDs are always going to be a risk one way or another.