HIV Prevention Community
Acute respiratory symptoms of HIV infection

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

I've an encounter back in early May. Just oral sex, no ejaculation in mouth and no anal sex.
2 weeks later I develop a flu and a low grade fever (99 F). (but at that time the flu is widespread as my dad and bro also got a flu).
After the flu is healed, I developed a sore at my throat which the doctor said it's viral infection.
Then 2 days later I developed tonsillitis.
Since then I have been having a dry cough (no mucus).
Now, after almost 2 months, the cough is more severe at night.
I also feel dizzy and my jaw is painful, I don't know if it is my lymph node or whatever. It's just not sore throat but whenever I push inside my jaw, I can feel it's painful.

Am I having acute symptoms of HIV?

Please help!!
you had NO risk

ars symptoms come at 2-4 weeks post exposure and last for 1-2 weeks. a normal temp is 98.6... ars fever is higher than 99 degrees.    your symptoms have not even indicative of infection.

once again...YOU HAD NO RISK
I was diagnosed with hiv a year ago and now am in advance stages of hiv..a week ago my dr told me i have lactic acidosis and a few days ago I developed a very bad cough that has still not gone away, fevers off n on and congestion..constantly extremely tired, no energy..is this the beginning stages of a respiratory infection?
it could be, you need to see your doctor. are you not receiving HAART for your HIV? you should be if you are already seeing symptoms.