HIV Prevention Community
Almost all HIV symptoms after 5 months

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Almost all HIV symptoms after 5 months

I am really scared And out of control.

In mid-march i had an experience with a sex worker. It was a protected vaginal and oral but do not know if while removing the condomn something happened. I just cannot remember.

Anyways, at almost 5 months after the possible exposure i decided to get tested but was really freaking out of the results. I do not remember having any of the symptoms before the test except for normal flu that occurs to me from time to time before the exposure. Did not worried then.

The test was done for Hiv and hsv on August 19 (almost 5 months After).
Exactly on august 20 i started to experience all the symptoms:
- fatigue
- white layer on tongue
- lower lymph node close to the adam's apple
- stomach disorder
- loss of apetite
- weight loss

Some of these symptoms are still present up to this moment (mouth layer and lymph node).

The results came back 2 weeks after Nd they negative and when i asked the doctor about the symptoms that showed after 5 months she assured to me that iif i test neg at 5 months then it is conclusive and she did not bother about the symptoms and prescribed some anti depreesants tjinking that what i have is anxiety.

One more symptom added to the others: i have this flu for more than 2 weeks even i am having antibiotics. Seems like the medication is not doing anything.

What is wrong with me.? Am i infected but late seroconverted?

Very worried especially about the thrush and lymph node.

What could i possibly have?

Am i scheduled for many tests (hormones, std, liver...) and for tyrod diagnosis.

I just cannot sleep without the pills i wake up at night and start on the internet.

I am simply freaking and many hope to die in any accident.

Any help is much appreciated.
if you are having health concerns, work with your dr...it's NOT HIV RELATED.

your test PROVES that you dont have hiv.
This what i am doing right now work with my doctor for the symptoms but why all of them are hiv related? I will many tests this week. I am trying to meet with psyhotherapist but i prefer an hiv counselor but just cannot find in my area (qc, canada).
3 days ago i went to make the tests again. The period i will be passing will be the most difficult. This week i also passed a x-ray for my thyroid and great it was abnormal. Will go to see a specialist next week. All is getting against me and i feel really down and almost cracked. My immune system is not responding to anything. I lost almost 20 pounds since the last momth and a half within my good apetite.
I feel really awful trying to avoid everybody i know.
your thyroid issues are NOT hiv related.

YOU DONT HAVE HIV...PERIOD...END OF STORY ! ! !
The window period for HIV testing is 3 months therefore your symptoms can have nothing to do with HIV, you are conclusively negative.  I would suggest you stop fixating on a disease that you cannot possibly have and focus on figuring out with your doctor what it is.

There is no way this is HIV.  None at all.
How about me being a late seroconverter? Any case reported recently. The test i had 5 months ago was a Elisa test. Could it be my age (41) is the cause of late seroconversion? Hence all symptoms appeared only after 5 months? I am very scared.

* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
I am sorry Teak but i did not mean to post successively regarding conclusive negative result. Please forgive my fear as the symptoms are killing me. All i am trying to ask is that mayne some people test negative then after a while and because of symptoms test again and then it is positive and they just won't show up on the forum.
So i got my blood results for hov hep c and vdrl. After all these symptoms i am negative after 6 months and 10 days. It is weird. I am kind of relieved regarding hiv but i guess we are dealing with a similar to hiv that scientists did not yet discover. Let's hope not but there is a bunch of people on this site and many others who are in my shoes: hiv like symptoms but machines are not detecting it for hiv.
Let's all hope that it is not a new kind of epidemy created by pharmaceutial companies to create drugs and make money such as the H1N1.
You need to continue seeking help for your anxiety and irrational thoughts.  Pharm companies creating illnesses for profit?  That's just silliness and paranoid, conspiracy theory type thinking.

This is all you need to remember...your own quote:

"and when i asked the doctor about the symptoms that showed after 5 months she assured to me that iif i test neg at 5 months then it is conclusive and she did not bother about the symptoms and prescribed some anti depreesants tjinking that what i have is anxiety. "

Your doctor was spot on.  You don't have HIV and if you can't accept that, seek some help.