HIV Prevention Community
Am I at risk?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Am I at risk?

It's great I found this forum, and I hope someone will help me...

Well, I gave and received oral sex for about 30 sec. each. There was no ejaculation, and probably no pre-***.

After that, we masturbated, and he ejaculated on my belly. What worries me is that I cut my belly two-three minutes ago (no severe bleeding), and his sperm definitely came on that cut.

This was 9 weeks ago, and now I'm panicking over this... Was I at risk and do I even need testing?

Thank you
Your risk is non existent. First, receiving and giving oral sex is pretty safe behaviour, zero for receivers and almost "zero" for performers. And since he did not ejaculate inside your mouth, you are also safe 100%.

Second mutual masturbation is again a very very safe activity, and you need not to worry about.

Third, Exposure of his semen on your skin does not carry any risk for you, since HIV can not penetrate through normal intect skin. Any healed wound (normally cuts are healed within a week even without any first aid) is as good as skin, and HIV can not make his way through. It is open cut or sore where there is some risk and you did not have any. so relax and enjoy, you are safe. You played safe as your handle suggested, always remain safe and wish you all the best

So this cut that was bleeding a little when created few minutes before sperm got onto it is considered closed for HIV (it didn't bleed when sperm came onto it, but when I cut myself, few minutes ago)?
Sorry ! I read your post incorrectly. I assumed it 2 - 3 months, my mistake. Yes theoritically open bleeding wounds are potential risk to provide a "gateway" enterence to the virus. But this is not a real significant risk in your case, since it was a tiny non bleeding cut at that time.,,, The prime factor in your favour is, very very low probability of your partner being +ve. if he is not infected, you have no reason to worry about, please check and ask him. Otherwise, the best thing is to get yourself tested and get the 9 week report negative and alongwith peace of mind.
Well, he says he tested negative, but I guess my anxiety says I cannot believe him...

Yes it was a tiny cut, about 3-4 cm long, and less than 1 mm wide... It wasn't bleeding severely... Actually, I wouldn't know it was bleeding if I haven't put my finger on it and saw a little blood on it...

But I guess if nothing can come out (blood), than nothing can come in (sperm)... Am I right?

btw, Thanks for your answers...
Forgot to ask, if I test now, is it conclusive?
You can test anytime for a conclusive result. 3 months waiting game is for people who really had a risk. Do you get it that you never had a risk??
Teak can you answer please?
So, still no risk, that wound doesn't make any difference?
Could you answer please?
If u want peace of mind..have an antibody test at 6 weeks...u will be negative..and conclude at 3 months...u will still be negative..and be safe mate..as u know already its not worth the risk..
Well I have never had any anal or vaginal unprotected sex, nor oral with ejaculation, so I guess I'm safe...

But this stressed me... I'm really happy it was still no risk...
Does the wound have to be large and bleeding to be open for HIV, or it can be small?
Since Teak is now back, could you clarify my risk. Was it low or no risk?

And can I now have sex with my girlfriend?

Thank you
On about 2-3 weeks after this exposure I had sore throat. I found on internet that it's the symptom of ARS. Should I be worried?
You have been given the correct advice. You were never at risk of contracting HIV.
No matter the bleeding small wound?
Sorry, I posted wrong.

I meant to ask does the wound that was bleeding minute ago makes risk?

And what if I had some wound that was bleeding at the time he ejaculated on me?
Again you were never at risk.