HIV Prevention Community
Am I in real danger of HIV ?

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Am I in real danger of HIV ?

Hello Doctors,

I am 28 and Male from singapore. 10 days ago i foolishly had unprotected sex with a sex worker whose ad I found online (She has a manger that takes bookings for her). The girl is from Russia and is in her mid 20s and appears to be healthy. Before sex we engaged in unprotected oral sex (on each other) and before sex she gave me a condom to use but never forced me to use it, and out of stupidity and in the heat of the moment i neglected the condom and we had unprotected sex for about 20 minutes, however i snapped back to reality and put the condom on for the remainder of session. I ejaculated outside of her.

I am really worried, and have been HIV tested last year (for employment purposes) and found to be negative. I texted her manager asking if the girl was clean and he said that she had been tested before coming over and that she was clean and safe, however a part of me seems to think its a lie. Could you please offer me an opinion of my risk and if i am in real danger of contracting HIV? thank you and sorry for the long question.
You had unprotected insertive vaginal sex and therefore are at risk for HIV and need to test.
Oral sex puts you at possible risk for other STD's and should also be tested for those.