Am I right to be worried ?
Upon going to a 20th birthday party last night I fear I have come into contact with the HIV virus. I have a small cut on my left thumb, enough to penetrate the skin and possibly expose blood. It is around 1.5cm in length but width and deepness only around 0.1 - 0.2cm. Upon cleaning the toilet seat and flooring (2-3 seperate occasions) as it was my best friends house I cleaned it with toilet paper. I have awoken today with a fairly bad cold of which I rarely get (I have read that a fever following initial transmission is an early indicator of being HIV positive). I have no idea what the contents of the liquid that I cleaned up were (I would possibly suggest Urine, possibly Saliva and maybe semen) and I'm really worried that I have contracted the virus. Should I be worried or am I being a hypochondriac and melodramatic ?
No you didn't have a risk of contracting HIV.
How confident do you feel about the risk ?
100%

hiv is transmitted through UNPROTECTED vaginal/anal intercourse...sharing of iv drug works...and mother to child.
It is reassuring to hear from your positive replies, however I can imagine semen getting into the cut of mine could pose a threat even if it was on the floor amid other contaminants and I used toilet paper ? Today I have suffered especially from Hay Fever maybe it could be an indication of a weakened immune system ?

Could I just get a medical doctor to double check with you people ? how would I go about this ? I heard medical doctors visit these forums ?
Again, thanks ever so much for all your replies, a grand job.
sure you can.  click on forums at the top of the page and scroll down to hiv in the RIGHT hand column.  pay your $15.00 dollars and ask away.  

be prepared for the same answer we gave you though
Thanks Lizzie, I was misinformed in that I thought doctors wrote back to you for free. I shall heed your advice in that I am ok. You all seem adamant that my health is ok, and thanks for all of the replies.
Just some background knowledge but I live in a place with a population of around 550,000 in the entire county and roughly about 200 people have HIV, even with your reassuring advice i still feel I have contracted it. In recent weeks I have had a cold, hay fever and a chest infection and I never ever get them. I've scared myself in the past about diseases and cancers and they've all turned out negative so would you say I am a hypochondriac ? Is there a way to get past all of this ?
seek the help of a mental health professional.
you had NO RISK AT ALL. Move on with your life and injoy
So I definetly 100% had no risk, not even a little bit ?
Do you think I should get tested or is it a complete waste of time, money and energy ?
you had no risk...why would you think we'd tell you to get tested?  geeeeeeeez!!!!!

do whatever you want...........you're not listening anyway.