HIV Prevention Community
Anxiety, HIV phobia and symptoms

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Anxiety, HIV phobia and symptoms

This is for the people who are having anxiety about HIV and are experiencing symptoms that they think are related to HIV.  I went through this for the past two months and it was terrible.

I tested several times and am NEGATIVE. I woke up one morning two weeks ago and it was a complete change.  I actually feel like I used to.....normal again.  

The mind is a powerful thing and can cause undue stress on the body.  I have been in and out of the doctor's office and the crazy thing was that I wasn't sick from a disease or flu, but I was making myself sick due to anxiety.

If you are experiencing this same thing, my advice is to talk to family and friends and hopefully you will start to feel better soon!!!
Hi, quick question (I hope I'm in the same boat as you were, instead of actually experiencing HIV symptoms!!).

What symptoms were you experiencing? I've had some bad diarrhea (terrible actually), fatigue, feel sick and tired all of the time, and I have enlarged red bumps on my tongue. Anything similar?

Thanks (congrats on being Neg!!)
Hello are you online right now
What was you result on your test I am having the same problems!! Please write back!!
Look at the date 2007.