Any chance of catching Hiv while working out?
hello all,

I have a quick question.  i was working out at my gym with a bunch of guys doing sand bag training. Basically the sandbag is in a very hard and rough bag and it caused a very small cut on my thumb knuckle.  I did not notice at the time and only realized when i went and washed my hands when i got home and my thumb stung from the soap.  My question is if someone else who by chance had hiv and had gotten cut on the same sandbag while we went back and forth lifting it could i be at risk for Hiv? Just wanted to make sure i am at no risk if the bag is rubbing against my cut and there is blood in it.   The cut was basically a very small abrasion with 3 small pin hole blood spots. I dont think i am at risk but believe you guys are experts and want to know if i should get tested and if you believe i am not at risk please explain why just so i can stop worrying.

Thanks for you answers.  

Tim
No, HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.