HIV Prevention Community
Asymptomatic period.

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Asymptomatic period.

While I certainly understand this forum is limited to risk analysis and testing questions, I have a general HIV question to ask. Some websites claim most people go ten years asymptomatic, but I've read the doctors on this forum post that it is rare to go a few years still 'healthy' post HIV infection. Any body know where that 10 year figure came from?

I went 21 years healthy, but I also knew I was HIV positive. It's not rare at all to go asymptomatic for that length of time or longer.
Very interesting Teak. I admire you greatly Teak for your services on this site, and the effort you take to educate youth in the schools you lecture at. How exactly did you learn about your HIV infection?
hiv test.................
I understand that much! I was curious to know if he began having health problems, or of his discovery was coincidental.
would be nice if you understood that you dont have hiv ! ! !

once again...time to move on.  you dont have a hiv concern and teak's personal life is just that...personal !
I understand I don't HIV. My doubts were stemmed from the seriousness of my risk. But you're absolutely right, that question was very personal and I apologize to teak and you for extending this thread longer than needed.