HIV Prevention Community
Basic Questions about HIV

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Basic Questions about HIV

firstly, apologies for my english. I hope the questions are clear:

how does the insertive partner in anal sex get infected? There is no semen, vaginal secre., breast milk etc. How does the virus infect the penis opening?

is it possible to be infected by semen on finger while being fingered? if not why? I mean semen includes virus and semen contacts to mucous membrance...so?

why does not needle stick infect people? how much blood is necessary for infection?

Anal secreations and blood from tears in the anal cavity.

Fingering is not a risk. HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions, therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

Blood has to be infused and a stick doesn't do that.

thank you think. i hope everything has been going well wtih you.

could please clarify your second statement? what do you mean "outside the host"?

when a penetrate and ejaculate the spem, it is obviously a risk. but why does not semen touch to mucous membrances a risk? is a penetration necessary and why?
Exposure to air, ph change and temp change damages the outer shell of the virus which inhibits it from being able to attach to the required cells. If the virus can't attach to the cell it can't multiply and infect.
long live TEAK.

so how do people get infected through needle sharing? as you say, the virus should be inhibited in needle due to ph change.
Do you know how to do IV drugs?
Dear Teak, I really love your effort and personality. Thank you for being there.

No I do not know but I wonder how do nurses or MDs get infected through needle? For instance, Dr Bob from body.com. He says he was infected through needle but you believe that needle stick is not a problem. I really can't understand. Do these people get infected by injecting the needle to their blood vessels? Absurd, yes?
Through infusion. They push the contents of the syringe. They don't get infected from the needle sticks.
Teak, i am asking these stupid? questions because i am not sure what happened in my case:

I went to a gay sauna in UK. I received unprotected brief oral sex from a 55-60 years old guy. Then, I put the condom on. The condom was given by the sauna admin.
He invited me a dark room and while I tried to penetrate with condom he stopped me and literally run away.

Could any of his action infect me? Because the room was extremely dark and he touched my anus
No. use condoms correctly and consistently and you'll avoid contracting HIV and most STDs. Touching or fingering your anus is not a risk of HIV transmission.
Teak this is my last comment then I move.
I have heard that you are one of the best experts on HIV. So I need your answer.
I am not just talking about fingering. I mean, while I was wearing a condom, does any action of him infect me? I am married need to move urgently.
No. You can move on knowing you were never at risk of contracting HIV.