HIV Prevention Community
Blood Drawn

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Blood Drawn

Now just a little back story I was recently tested for HIV (Came out negative) but ever since then I have had been having extreme anxiety about everything and anything.  Now this question is related to when I got my blood drawn.  Now i didn't watch her take my blood because I don't usually but when it was done and over and when she took it out it kind of hurt a bit.  But then a couple hours later when i took off the bandage I noticed the one hole where the needle went in and then another part of my skin right below that was elivated which looked red and looked like it had a little hole.  But then the next day I looked and I saw there was a light hair coming out of it.  So my question was...could this nurse have injected me with HIV positive blood without my knowing or feeling another needle going into my skin?!
That is completely irrational to think a nurse would do that. Have a little respect for medical professionals who have to deal with people like you day in and day out questioning their every move for no reason. Geez!
Anxiety is getting the best of you, nothing is impossible however you are acting irrational in your thoughts. Move on.