Aa
A
A
Close
Blood test
Hi Experts

Is 13 weeks enough for a blood test? i heard there is any chance and it should be tested after 6 months too. I have wheezing and I took some medicines for that.Is there any chance that antibodies will not create because of that. I heard that as an example in kidney transplant you take medicine it can stop creating anti bodies for the time being.  
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
480448_tn?1426952138
Yes, that is conclusive.  The official guidelines for testing were changed in 2004 from 6 months to 3 months.  Your result is conclusive.  No need to retest.
Comment
Cancel
480448_tn?1426952138
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
480448_tn?1426952138
I heard that as an example in kidney transplant you take medicine it can stop creating anti bodies for the time being.   .

Did you have a kidney transplant and are takiong anti-rejection meds?  If not, none of that applies to you.  Any other kind of medication will NOT affect HIV testing, or the production of antibodies.
Comment
Cancel
480448_tn?1426952138
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks you very much Madam. I really scared to death. Because I am feeling Joints and Muscle pains. Don`t whether it`s a mental problem or may be currently I am suffering from phlegm. I thought medicine I am talking for wheezing can be anti-rejection.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
186166_tn?1385262982
wheezing meds = anti-rejection drugs?  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Comment
Cancel
186166_tn?1385262982
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thank you very much to all. You all are doing a such a great job and according to my religion you will born in the heaven after your death.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Blood test
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources