HIV Prevention Community
Blood test

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Blood test

Hi Experts

Is 13 weeks enough for a blood test? i heard there is any chance and it should be tested after 6 months too. I have wheezing and I took some medicines for that.Is there any chance that antibodies will not create because of that. I heard that as an example in kidney transplant you take medicine it can stop creating anti bodies for the time being.  
Yes, that is conclusive.  The official guidelines for testing were changed in 2004 from 6 months to 3 months.  Your result is conclusive.  No need to retest.
I heard that as an example in kidney transplant you take medicine it can stop creating anti bodies for the time being.   .

Did you have a kidney transplant and are takiong anti-rejection meds?  If not, none of that applies to you.  Any other kind of medication will NOT affect HIV testing, or the production of antibodies.
Thanks you very much Madam. I really scared to death. Because I am feeling Joints and Muscle pains. Don`t whether it`s a mental problem or may be currently I am suffering from phlegm. I thought medicine I am talking for wheezing can be anti-rejection.
wheezing meds = anti-rejection drugs?  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Thank you very much to all. You all are doing a such a great job and according to my religion you will born in the heaven after your death.