Breast Feeding
This may seem like a completely crazy question, but I recently bought a brand new electric breast pump. When it arrived me and my 3 year old son were playing with it and I was explaining to him how it works (over the top of my clothes) then he copied me. I have read that HIV can be spread through breast milk and my mind suddenly started racing what if someone had tried it and returned it and then we were playing with it, or what if someone was putting it over the top of their clothes like me and had milk leaking through their top like I sometimes do. Is there any risk to me or my son? I'm guessing the answer is no, but need some reassurance from people who know what they are talking about.
INGESTION OF MILK IN INFANTS OVER TIME. You and your child were never at risk.
Great, thanks for your help, think i'm being just a paranoid pregnant mum. Just going by websites i've seen that say you should never buy a second hand breast pump because it could carry the HIV virus, but I guess if the milk was dry there would be no risk anyway as the virus would be inactive. Thanks for your help.
HIV is not transmitted by environmental objects. Wherever you are obtaining your information it is not coming from this forum.
That's what I thought, the majority of the websites are parenting and breast feeding websites. I will ignore them and listen to your advice, thanks.