CONFUSED,41 DAYS,TEST
this is kinda complicated,but i am indeed in need of help here..totally depressed
so,exactly 46 days ago.. i had sex with a girl,i did oral to her and i have this cut inside my mouth from my dental brace.also,we engaged in unprotective sex for about 2 minutes,then i put on a condom and ejaculated inside her (with a condom) 2 weeks later..i found out that she is hiv positive,after a brief look at the internet and lack of sleep and tons of stress,i am hospitalized because of the high fever,doctor said that i was tired.the fever lasted for 2 days..after getting out of the hospital,im sweating like crazy everytime and had an extreme fatigueness and blurry vision...on day 40 my fatigue just disappeared,then i went to the hospital and performed an HIV test,it was an HIV 1/2 Test..the kit was produced by Standard Diagnost.Inc..i dunno which generations is it,or the name for the kit (ELISA,DUO etc) i remembered the nurse took my blood from my vain,and the sample went in an (i dunno... "mixing machine"?) then she mixes the sample with some kind of liquid,then dripped it to the kit...the result was made in 15mins,and it was negative...my question are..

1. 41 DAYS TEST,DO YOU THINK ITS A GOOD SIGN?

2. CAN ANYBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN THE MEANING OF SECOROVERSION? I AM ACTUALLY CONFUSED FROM IT,IS IT A NAME FOR HIV SYMPTOMS?

3. ALSO,AM REALLY DEPRESSED RIGHT NOW..PLEASE ANY OF YOU,SHARE UR INFOS WITH ME..I CANT SLEEP AND I LOST ALL MY MOOD FOR ALMOST EVERYTHING OTHER THAN READING POST

THANK U SO MUCH FOR READING AND SORRY FOR THE BAD ENGLISH..PLEASE REPLY
THANKS,PEACE
1. 41 days, i.e. almost 6 weeks, is indeed a good sign. Ideally a 6 week negative is extremely unlikely to change. Get a conclusive test done at the 12th week mark and move on.
2. Serconversion is that time when an individual's status changes from negative to positive. In other words, when one becomes negative.
3. Nothing much to help you with depression and lack of sleep. The depression will disappear when you see you conclusive negative result.
Please note point 2, slight correction 'in other words when one becomes positive'
thank u,bro.. also i want to ask a few more thing..do u think the serconversion will happen after 41 days? my muscle is aching now...also my left hand joints..i also wanna ask,do u know the type of my test? this web is very helpful..thank u all
6 weeks is a bit long for seronversation to take place. As i said earlier, a 6 weeks test is a good indicator of your status and is unlikely to change. Take conclusive test at 12 weeks. As far as you joint pains, they could be because of anything, hiv cannot be diagnosed by symptoms.
thanks for the answer...im a little bit relieve now...what about my test? do u know what kinds of test it is? thanks so much!!
Hiv 1/2 sounds like an elisa antibody test. Most of the places 3rd and 4th generations are used. However the generation doesnt matter. Any test is conclusive at or after 12-13 weeks.
Your test is highly unlikely to change at this point, which means you probably got lucky.  Repeat a standard antibody test at 3 months for your conclusive result...and from now on, use condoms from start to finish.
thanks so much for replying again...at_ss & nurse
you guys are good people,and really helpful..i cant thank u guys enough...
before this post,things were very ugly..when all of my friends talk and laugh about stuff...i pretend to laugh and listen when all i can think is "am i infected" "am i okay?" "i think my muscle aching again,what will my parents think if i am really infected..they are too old to hear this kind of bad news" "i am so sorry for them,they loved me so much but all i can do is f*ck things up" :((((((
but reading your replies,really gives me a lot of peace in mind...
i have a few more questions...if u are willing to reply again..because i dunno who i should talk with in times like this..u guys are really the only person i can share and talk to..i already went to psychiatrist to talk and share..twice,but im running out of money to go there again..please answer my next questions

1.why does the symptoms occurs again and again? today i have night sweats,my joints and muscle hurts,my right neck is so stiff and my head hurts..its like migraen also i had nausea before and after meals..and i got itchiness on my face,legs and hands

2.when do u think i should test again? im planing on testing again sometime this week,what do u think?

sorry for my bad english,thank u so much for reading and replying
1. Anxiety
2. Take a test at 12-13 weeks.

Dont worry, your result is not going to change.
thank u so much for the fast response!
what should i do with it then? should i take any drugs to make the anxiety go away? my feet is always cold all the time,and i have to wear socks even when im home..
12 weeks is a month away...what should i do now?
Check inbox :)
already checked and replied,man..thanks!
im having a dry-cough,joint pain,nausea and my face is dry and itchy tonight..anyone? im so worried :(
Dry-cough - Too much smoking
Joint pain,nausea and my face is dry and itchy  - Old friend called anxiety
kinda right about the smoking part...
at_ss u are indeed a great person...thx,man..dunno what to say..but i just keep on reading,ive been reading for 6 hours now :( :(
erm..
are u guys really sure that our body will develop antibody to be detected by the test kit 25days-6weeks? are there any chances that my body havent produced the antibody yet? i mean until day 40?
are u guys really sure that our body will develop antibody to be detected by the test kit 25days-6weeks?
YES

NO
Only if you had a recent organ transplant OR if you are in the last stage of cancer and on chemotherapy!!!
u mean,if i had it (organ transplant etc)..then the antibody will develop slower? slower as in 3 months slow (the official win period)???
Yes.
what about the 6 months rule,bro?
Kev, its time for you to logout and sleep :)
aight,man..
You need not worry about 6 months.  You only need to test to 3 months, end of story.
so u guys were saying that if i got hiv..i shouldve tested positive since 40 days post exposure? im sorry, im just scared that the result might change
anyone?
you have been told, numerous times, that your test is unlikely to change at the 3 month mark.  there's really nothing more that anyone can say.

you chose to have unprotected sex...you wait it out ! ! !
but they told me that 40 days is unlikely to change? how come its 30 days now? thank u for answering my post liz.i read a lot of ur posts and articles also..they were nice
*3 months sorry,typo
3 months for a conclusive test result is the current guideline and has been so since 2004.
so whats ur opinion if its a 40 days result,ms lizzie..
if i had a different "opinion", i would have stated so by now.

a test at 3 months will give you a conclusive result.
i missed everything because of my stupid mistake..christmas,new year,my daily activities,everything seems so different now..im an idiot,i know..sorry if i looks like trolling..but this is eating me alive every second
im sorry,ure saying that u agreed that 40 days negative result is a good news like everyone else?
you have been assessed as having put yourself at risk.  you have been advised when to test and reassured that your test is a very good indication of your status.

from this point on...there is really nothing that "this" forum can offer.  please post any further concerns in the hiv anxiety community forum...it is better suited for you.

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/HIV-Anxiety-Support/show/595?controller=forums&action=show&id=595&camp=msc
Get yourself some help.  To check out of life because of this is really really sad.  Chances are, you are not infected, and yet, look at what you're doing to yourself!  You need help!
Kev, time to logout and sleep :-)
i got my day 54 ELISA test..the result is non reactive 0,12 i ask the nurse about the generation of the test..and they said it was the 5th generation??? im in indonesia and i dunno why but i think they are completely clueless about the generation thingy about the ELISA test..my question is 1. what is 0,12 means? 2. is there a 5th generation test??
1. Means nothing, anything under 1.0 is negative. You can test tomorrow and it can be .97 then the next day and it can be .52...means nothing other then under 1.0 is negative.

5. Not that I have ever heard of. No reason to keep testing now. You know when the test is conclusive, test then.
do u think its a good sign then? a 54th day test?
anyone?