HIV Prevention Community
Cabodia, PEP, Ketamine, and Testing

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Cabodia, PEP, Ketamine, and Testing

Hi.
I'm on a trip to Asia and I am currently in Phnom Phen, Cambodia. I had sex with a 20 year old sex worker that I picked up a Lady Bar. These are fairly clean and "respectable" astablishments that serve as a place for independent sexworkers to find clients. I took hir out dancing and drinking. We had fun. When we got back to the hotel, we started having penis-in-vagina penitritave sex with a condom. She told me that the condom was "too hard" and so I switched to a different brand i had. After a while of that she said the same thing, and said that it would be ok to use no condom because I was the only one she had let do that. She said that she liked me a lot. I was quite drunk and so I went along with it, knowing that the HIV rate in Cambodia is high. After a ~2 hour session of penis-vagina sex and some oral sex, we went our separate ways. I got a small cut in the middle of my penis from the oral sex, i think. I do not know the HIV statis of the women I was having sex with. I am uncercomsized which I know can increase risk of transmition.

The same night I realized the stupidity of my action. The next morning (less then 12 hours latter) I went ot the pharmacy and picked up a Antiretroviral twice-a-day pill of 150mg lamivudine, 300mg zidovudine, 200mg nevirapine.
I started a month long treatment at that time. I am currenly on day 4 of treatment with perfect dose addherience, and will continue with this regime. I am doing this because of it these drugs possible prophylactic benefit for preventing HIV infectection.

I have stopped drinking alchol, smoking ciggerets, and all other habits that I have that might impair my immune system. I use ketamine via sterile intermuscular injection recreationaly. The does is around 100-150mg.

My question is this. What would be the likelyhood of contracting HIV given these cercomstances? What HIV test has the shortest test window (between invetion and detection), regardless of price? Will ketamine impair my immune systems ability to combate HIV infection?

I would like to ad that I am near Bangkok and know that they have great medical facilities.
Thanks for whatever addvise you can give me.