HIV Prevention Community
Can HIV multiply in vagina

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Can HIV multiply in vagina

Dear doctor,I have some question about HIV prevention.I'm a young female and my English is not very good,so I appreciate it if you read patiently.Thanks a lot.
I‘ve learn that HIV can't reprouduce outside its living host.But what if a few AIDS viruses touch a female's vagina entrance?Can it multiply in the fresh secretion in vagina?
It was before long when that when I was using the public lavatory in my school,some other's fresh mense blood spattered to my vagina entrance and when I cleaned it off ,some of it may got into my vagina,If the virus in the blood was not completely dead,will it reproduce and multiply in the fresh secretion in my vagina?We know that vagina is continuously producing secretions which contians T-cells and the environment insde it is warm and wet...So it is what I’m worried about.Though I know that there's no risk to use public lavatory,was my situation a general case?Can few amount of AIDS viruses multiply in the fresh secretions in my vagina and keep alive for long so oneday when I have sex it will enter my injury?Thanks for reading and looking foward your answer!
There are no doctors in this forum.

In order for a woman to get HIV sexually, there has to be a penis INSIDE her vagina or rectum.  You cannot get HIV by wiping some kind of fluid into your vagina (or rectum).  HIV is far too fragile for transmission to occur that way.
You did not have any risk of hiv transmission.
Thanks for your answer.No risk...I see,does it mean that  my kind of situation is just a general case?So even if a few viruses enter my vagina they can also be damaged and can not reproduce in the secretions inside my vagina,right?
er...Dear doctor,thanks for your patient and I'm sorry to bother you again.
In the situation I just described,I mean the menses blood which spattered on me is fresh,which causes my worry about a few viruses alive...and I just cleaned it with tissue,for there's no condition to take bath at the first time...So I also want to know that if a few viruses (maybe not enough to make people get infected) get into my vagina entrance,will they reproduce to a large amount inside and keep alive?
HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child
Thanks a lot.You mean that once HIV virus leave the human body it is damaged,so I COULD NOT GET ANY living virus into my vagina by that,right?
I'm sorry for more question to bother you,Dear doctor.If I had a PROTECTED vaginal sex but before the intercourse, during the foreplay a little secretion from the male touched my vagina entrence by the penis rubbing(and may got into the vagina later in the intercourse)...is that a risk  to HIV?Can you tell me about this:The virus in the secretion,once enter females' vagina,even a few,will they reproduce inside it? (for vagina is producing secretions and it's warm and wet inside,so I'm worried,it is not so called 'the environment outside' )
Thanks a lot and sorry to bother you so much!
There are no doctors in this forum.

Thank you very much!