Can a woman get hiv from receiving oral sex?
I am a caucasian woman and about 4 weeks ago I received oral sex from an african american straight man.. He seemed like a good guy and told me he had no stds and I don't think he does drugs.. I was drunk so I just let it happen.. about 3 days after I developed a sore neck while driving home on a road trip.. I was stressing out and I think I was leaning forward which is probably the cause of it.. I had this achy neck for about a week and half I'm pretty sure it was a muscle strain.. Also about 5 nights ago I woke up drenched in sweat and had to change my shirt.. I never get night sweats.. the possible causes of this could have been that I drank a lot the night before, ate spicy food, and had coffee which I know trigger night sweats. I have also been obsessively paranoid and freaking myself out the whole time and extra stressed out.. Every chance I get I do research and try to find answers.. now I have a red spot on the back of my throat and my throat is a little dry.. this could be because of post nasal drip however.... I have 4 symptoms of hiv and now I am scaring the crap out of myself.. someone please answer my question... What is the possibility I could have gotten hiv by receiving oral sex from this man??? Also what is my risk for other stds in this case? I know herpes is the biggest one, but he had no visible sores.... please help me! :(  
to answer your question...NO.  hiv is not transmitted through oral sex
thank you :) I have read on some sites that there are some documented cases of guys getting it this way, but there is no info on if any woman has received it this way.. I am stressing myself out about this because I have all these symptoms plus I have been dizzy the last few days
No guys have ever contract HIV from oral sex either.
really? I read that there have been a few cases, but it's probably wrong.. I'm just paranoid.. Do you think I should go in for STD testing just from this encounter or it is not needed? thanks for your help
All STD questions need to be posted in the STD forum. This forum is HIV specific.
okay thanks.. I don't want to annoy you, but I'll just ask you one more question for informational purposes...

How is it not spread through oral sex? I understand that hiv cannot live in saliva so mouth to genital oral sex is not likely or impossible to pass hiv (unless the person giving has a lot of blood in their mouth) .. but what about the other way around (genital to mouth).. say if a guy gets his cum in a girls mouth and she swallows it.. how does that not pass it to the girl?

Thanks for helping me understand
HIV is a weak virus. Saliva contains over a dozen different enzymes and proteins that inhibits HIV transmission. On top of all of that the stomach acids deals a final blow. Now either accept your no risk situation or seek professional mental help.