HIV Prevention Community
Can first HIV symptom occur in just 3-4 months?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Can first HIV symptom occur in just 3-4 months? Note, I'm not referring to ARS, I'm talking about the HIV stage 3, which is the symptomatic HIV infection after the asymptomatic/latent stage.

I have read that the latency stage lasts between 2 weeks and 20 years: (middle part of the page, search for "Clinical latency can vary between two weeks and 20 years")
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV
and, some others say, it last between months to years, for example: (middle part of the page, search for "may remain asymptomatic for months or years")
http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/h/hiv_aids/symptoms.htm

All these indicate that first HIV symptom can appear as early as 3-4 months. Is that so? Do you agree?

The reason I asked is because I developed psoriasis recently, it's 3.5 months post exposure, although some doctors have said ARS rash can't be psoriasis-like, but many other websites have linked HIV symptoms with psoriasis, so I started to worry...
I think you should just get tested. Your result will be conclusive this long out from exposure. This kind of worrying is not going to help and with your anxiety any reassurance people give you will not help ease your fears. i know - I'm battling HIV anxiety too. Get tested and move on after your negative result. Good luck.
dont even go there.  i read your post and responses on the undiagnosed symptoms forum.

time for you to accept your negative status and move on.  you do not have a hiv concern and have a conclusive test to back that up.
Thanks Lizzie and shangjay for your replies. I know 3 months negative test is considered conclusively negative on this forum, and I have read much debates on whether this 3-month negative is conclusive or not, Teak even quoted one CDC reference claiming CDC has officially changed the guideline to 3 months... but with all that read, the fact is CDC main website still says 97% for 3 months, and many other official sites will only say "almost all", "vast majority", "typically", "usually", "most", "normal people", etc when they mention 3-month window. Almost none of those authorities ever used assuring words like "absolutely", "conclusively", "all".
So here you go, there are still a small percentage, maybe as high as 3% needs more than 3 months test.
So, that's why I'm worried about this psoriasis, whether it is ARS symptom (not, according to some views), or whether it is early stage 3 HIV symptom (which happens anywhere between 2 weeks to 20 years).

And that's why, I would like to know if HIV symptom can start as early as 3-4 months... Do any of you happen to know the answer?
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusive negative results or a no-risk situation will be based up the criteria MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.

THREE MONTHS IS CONCLUSIVE...MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, I wasn't aware of this policy. My appologies.

Anyway, I think raising the question of if HIV symptom can start as early as 3-4 months should not be penalized -- It's just a simple question on whether HIV's asymptomatic stage can last as short as just 3-4 months, instead of the "usually" years?

Thanks in advance!
No...that's too early for AIDS to start.  And you've got a conclusively negative result, so just let it go.
Thanks snippets69 for your kind reply, but the two webpages that I quote (both look very authoritive) say the latency period (asymptomatic stage) last anywhere from two weeks to months to 20 years, this makes me wonder (or rather, worry) who are those that start the HIV symptom as early as weeks or months? Does anyone know?
Cut it out.  You've got a conclusively negative HIV test result.  Let it go or get a shrink.  End of story.