HIV Prevention Community
Can i count on my antibody test?

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Can i count on my antibody test?

Hey Guys, here is the whole story.

I am a 21 year old guy from Denmark.

Eight weeks ago i had sex with a thaigirl in a massage parlor. The sex was of course protected, but after a while the condom slipped of in her vagina, it could'nt have been more than a minute before we noticed (if it wasnt right away) and she immediately pulled it out and put on a new one. She looked a bit shocked because it happened, i was shocked as well, and afterwards i asked her if i had anything to worry about. She assured me that she had nothing and i didnt need to get tested.

Well anyway i am a highly anxious person when it comes to my Health, so i couldnt stop thinking about contraction of various diseases. After a couple of days i had a flu that lasted three days, with high fever and tonsilitis. That only made my anxiousness worse. After the Fifth week i could'nt wait anymore, so i got tested at my doctor's for HIV (antibody test), Syphillis (syphilis). Gonorrhea and chlamydia. They all came back negative.
I was of course relieved. But then i thought of the window period for seroconversion and now all the anxiousness is coming back. Now i just feel fatigued and a bit of dizzyness, but i think it is caused by my anxiety and stress level. My questions are as follows.

1) Can i count on my 36 day negative antibody test, how accurate is it? (i know the CDC recommends 3 months)
2) what generation ELISA is used in Denmark? (does that even matter?)
3) Do i need to worry any further? this is really killing me.

Any answers would be appreciated.
You are already aware that you have to test at 3 months to obtain your conclusive test result.
Yes of course. But what i need now is probably some calming arguments that contradicts my anxiety for being HIV positive. I would just like to hear something from someone else than myself, because i can't convince myself of anything else. I don't mean to be rude or anything, stress and anxiety just makes me lose my mind completely.
This forum doesn't deal in anxieties. You can post in the HIV Anxiety Group.