HIV Prevention Community
Can i count on my antibody test?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Can i count on my antibody test?

Hey Guys, here is the whole story.

I am a 21 year old guy from Denmark.

Eight weeks ago i had sex with a thaigirl in a massage parlor. The sex was of course protected, but after a while the condom slipped of in her vagina, it could'nt have been more than a minute before we noticed (if it wasnt right away) and she immediately pulled it out and put on a new one. She looked a bit shocked because it happened, i was shocked as well, and afterwards i asked her if i had anything to worry about. She assured me that she had nothing and i didnt need to get tested.

Well anyway i am a highly anxious person when it comes to my Health, so i couldnt stop thinking about contraction of various diseases. After a couple of days i had a flu that lasted three days, with high fever and tonsilitis. That only made my anxiousness worse. After the Fifth week i could'nt wait anymore, so i got tested at my doctor's for HIV (antibody test), Syphillis (syphilis). Gonorrhea and chlamydia. They all came back negative.
I was of course relieved. But then i thought of the window period for seroconversion and now all the anxiousness is coming back. Now i just feel fatigued and a bit of dizzyness, but i think it is caused by my anxiety and stress level. My questions are as follows.

1) Can i count on my 36 day negative antibody test, how accurate is it? (i know the CDC recommends 3 months)
2) what generation ELISA is used in Denmark? (does that even matter?)
3) Do i need to worry any further? this is really killing me.

Any answers would be appreciated.
You are already aware that you have to test at 3 months to obtain your conclusive test result.
Yes of course. But what i need now is probably some calming arguments that contradicts my anxiety for being HIV positive. I would just like to hear something from someone else than myself, because i can't convince myself of anything else. I don't mean to be rude or anything, stress and anxiety just makes me lose my mind completely.
This forum doesn't deal in anxieties. You can post in the HIV Anxiety Group.