HIV Prevention Community
Can two negative people create hiv?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Can two negative people create hiv?

I can admit that I don't know much about how HIV is created.. but I would like to be educated more about it. I have read the health pages and is it possible to create HIV if both people are negative?

With drug users is it created with the mixture of blood and bodily fluid's is that what causes it?\

Thank you again in advance for reading my post.
No  cant create it you have to be exposed to it if you read the health pages you would of seen the transmission of hiv
hmm... This has got to be in the front running...

Drug users are only more susceptible to HIV if they're sharing needles and one of the people is already HIV positive.

Man this is 2008. I suggest you read just some basic information on HIV.  Sifting through the health pages or through the questions in the dr's forums.

The fluids below are listed.

* blood
    * semen
    * vaginal fluid
    * breast milk
    * other body fluids containing blood

If two people are negative they can't have it.. unless they have been exposed to it by someone who is positive. Is that how porn stars get hiv ? sleeping with a lot of different people?

I'm confused on how it's initially given... if you don't do drugs or haven't had a blood transfusion or born with it.

I'm just trying to understand and I appreciate you guys answering my silly question.

thank you.

HIV is primarily transmitted sexually.  That's why it's called a sexually transmitted disease.....
There is this thing called the WINDOW PERIOD thats were you may test negative during it but then you may test positive
Porn stars fall into that I am not sure how they do there testing if they have to wait or as long as they have a negative result before the shoot dont ask me
I am sure that there are cases where they are in the window period and do not realize they have been infected.
You cant get hiv from someone who does not have it understand?
Snippets mate. I know it's a sexually transmitted disease...

I asked a question yesterday and alien clarified it with me about my risk factor and said I have nothing to worry about.

Alien answer it on the bottom there:
"You cant get hiv from someone who does not have it understand? "

I just freak out when my girl friend wants to have sex with out a condom and I keep thinking that's how we can get it.

She doesn't have it nor do I but it's a fear / anxiety I suppose.
Dude...if you're both STD free, get her on some birth control and bang away....

Or see a counselor/mental health pro. To me it sounds like you've got some deep seated issues surrounding sex mixed in with some OCD.

Yeah bro, I do have anxiety.. and I have a bit of health anxiety syndrome.. went from brain tumor to cancer to thinking I have HIV now..

We are both std free and I had a physical done this past May which did complete blood count, they check for hiv when they do that, right?

Not to mention I think I have a cold coming on and my lympnodes on my chin are sore.. so it doesn't help feed my paranoia.
no they dont you have to sign a paper before they test you for hiv in most states anyway
man you are way over doing it here
No, they don't do an HIV test when they do a CBC. They are 2 different things...

But if you haven't had a risk, you don't need to test.

Get some help... This is correctable **** man.  Go to see a psychologist or possibly a nurse practitioner.
No, they don't do an HIV test with a CBC. You have to go get a specific HIV test. A CBC won't tell you anything about being infected with HIV.
Time for you to hit the highway dude you dont even have a risk here seek help
Ok, thank you for taking the time again. Sorry if this has been any problem

cheers!