HIV Prevention Community
Canker Sore

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Canker Sore

I know that oral sex is not a high risk activity. But, would canker sore in my mouth raise the risk because it's a type of open sore? For further information, the sore was small and seemed yellow without bleeding. it was located inside of my lower lip. I licked the semen right after my partner ejaculated so it was exposed to the air for seconds. I dont know if the virus (If he was positive) died due to that exposure to the environment.
No nor bleed gums or even with the other person being positive. NO RISK.
Thank you
I believe what you said but I'm wondering about ARS in people who actually have it. When they have fever due to HIV infection, how high is the temperature? And for 'swollen lymph nodes' ,How big are they?
You don't need to worry about ARS as you never had a risk.