HIV Prevention Community
Can't accept Negative Result at 11 weeks and 5 days

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Guys, I've been having much trouble accepting my NEGATIVE result from the Rapid Oral Mouth Swab I had done Wednesday night.....Here are my main reasons. And, I know that once one receives a NEGATIVE one should be happy and move on, but I have  a few parting questions that I'd really love input on from the VETERANS like Teak, Lizzie Lou and Getitright77 and then maybe I won't have so many doubts in my mind.

The Questions:
1.) I didn't officially wait 12 weeks. I tested at 11 weeks and 5 days. I hope this is still conclusive and that my antibodies didn't decide to produce those last few days before the deadline?
2.) The guy who gave me the test and then talked to me afterwards said nothing is conclusive until 6 months. That has me worried. Why would a professional say this? This leads me to question 3.
3.) Who needs to test at 6 months?  This leads me to question 4....
4.) What if the woman I slept with did indeed have HIV. What if I was at the highest risk possible....Does 12 weeks still provide a CONCLUSIVE, or do these people need to test out at 6 months?
5.) I do think I may have contracted some kind of STD from here, there is something going on down there. Wouldn't this have increased my chance of HIV?
6.) And finally, I'm still experiencing the following: Geographic Tongue, Rash, Swollen Lymph Nodes, and Fatigue.  This is freaking me out that maybe my antibodies are converting slowly and later than normal.

I hope people are willing to answer these questions. It would really really help me. I want to move on. But I'm scared. Especially because I couldn't wait those last 2 days to make it to 12 weeks. Especially because I have no idea of the status of the older woman I was with and I really think she had it -- not to stereotype, but she fit the demographic. A 40 something black woman who seemed very, I don't know, there is no politically correct way to say this, but she was very ghetto. Many tattoos and she seemingly prayed on me in my intoxicated state at 4 in the morning, picking me up off of the streets basically.

Please guys. I promise this is my last post. I want closure. I want to move on. I just still have these questions and I don't know where else to turn
  • testing (1 replies):
    I would like info on hiv testing and what the options ar...[more]
  • 78 days test (2 replies):
    Hi, assuming there was a risk, could a 78 days post expo...[more]
  • anyone (1 replies):
    Hey can someone help me with an answer for the first pos...[more]
  • Time to symptoms (1 replies):
    How long does it take to HIV symptoms develop? Could it ...[more]
  • ICMU Antibody Test (2 replies):
    I thought that I was tested with ELISA. Is an abs-ICMU ...[more]
I forgot to mention. I've been on Anti Anxiety meds over the past year and I was wondering if this would put me in the class that needs to wait for 6 months to get a CONCLUSIVE. I'm on 2 different anti anxiety medication. Could this cause late seroconversion?
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
please, please, I promise this is my last post. I always told myself I wouldn't someone who abused this sites policies if I made it to 3 months and received my NEGATIVE result, but I have these last questions that stay on my mind all day. I don't know who else to ask. They are very specific and I need knowledgeable people to guide me
read all your questions...and i have ONE answer.

YOUR TEST WAS CONCLUSIVE...PROVING THAT YOU DONT HAVE HIV.

PERIOD...END OF STORY ! ! ! ! !
I was in a similar situation too. I had trouble believing my 11 weeks 3 days test result which was negative. So, I took another test at 15 weeks 5 days which came back negative too. You are definitely Negative.
Hi WorriedKiwi

How about your symptoms? How did they last after the tests?
i never had any symptoms
I just need to know why this expert told me 6 months. Also, I know the person I was with has HIV, so does a 3 month (11 weeks 5 days) still give me conclusive....or when it is a real risk like this, is this when 6 months r needed to set things straight!? I'd love an answer because I can't get past the expert saying I wasn't yet conclusive....was he thinking maybe A False Negative!? I'm sure that could happen
I understand the guidelines and I truly apologize. I'm just very curious about risk, situation, and the need for 6 month testing......
There is no need to test out to 6 months. Move on.
Could you explain why!? Even if I had the greatest of risks?! Does it make no difference?!