HIV Prevention Community
"Casual contact" definition

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

"Casual contact" definition

Hi folks,

I think I've always had a misunderstanding of the term casual contact. I always thought that it meant just shaking hands and hugging WITHOUT contamination of infected fluids. When doctors say that HIV is not spread VIA casual contact, does that include the chance that their hands/body parts are contaminated with HIV infected fluids (blood, sperm, etc)?

Sorry if this sounds dumb.
You can only get HIV from unprotected vaginal/anal sex, mother to unborn/nursing child and IV drug users.
Avatar n tn
So does that mean "YES" to the definition of casual contact includes the possibility of the body part being contaminated with infectious fluids"?

I guess that would've saved you quite a few key strokes! LOL...
I was telling you how you can get HIV. Anything else is not a risk.
What about a dentist who infects a patient when rubber gloves aren't worn or are torn?
If you have a risk then please start your own thread.