Chance of HIV
About a month ago I had protected oral and vaginal sex with a "massage girl" in California, she was mexican or latin decent and looked healthy. I believe i did acquire herpes from this exposure because of my symptoms seem to follow herpes symptoms but i was tested at 2.5 weeks and was neg for both herpes and hiv. The concern is that herpes while being bad enough to get, is not life threatening like hiv.

My concern is that prior to the contact, about 6 hrs before, i trimmed my private area with a electric razor not shaven but trimmed i dont think i came close to the skin but what if there was a cut or microtear from the trimming, what are the chances if she was hiv+ i could have gotten it this way?

i hear the chances are very low from female to male transmission but and  still concerned, i plan on getting tested again at 6 weeks and then at 3 months, in the understanding 6 weeks will give a pretty good estimate but 3 months will give an accurate measure.

i believe i am going to have to live with being herpes positive, i dont know if i can take being hiv positive as well. your input is greatly appreciated.

this was a very stupid move on my part and not in my character at all, i will now have to live with this poor decision the rest of my life unfortunately.
you had no risk, even after trimming your "private area"

Thanks Lizzie-

What if she was still seroconverting and the viral load was high would that make any difference? its been 5 weeks and i did have flu like symptoms which are also associated with herpes virus but i didnt to date have high fever, cough, or rash which as you know are related to hiv exposure. i did loose 10 lbs over the last 5 weeks from 220 to 210 but i am hoping its because i radically changed my diet to very healthy to which is suggestive of a herpes diet, no sugar, little carbs, no fast food, mostly fruits,veggies and meat.

i still plan on getting tested at 6 weeks and 3 months to make sure. very stressful time and the waiting will be difficult.
still no risk