Chances of Being HIV Positive
HI,
About 2 and a half months ago i had sex with a prostitute in bali. I did use a condom and i am not aware of any breaking of the condom during the intercourse. About 4 days later i had a cold which turned into a fever that kept me i bed for 2 days. Since then i have experienced a large range of symptoms including heart palpatations, fatigue, weakness, unusual headaches, unusual anxiety, tremors, muscle twitches and so on. I have been to the doctors and was told it was simply a virus due to a low WBC count. i havent had the HIV tests yet.
Does this sound like its a possible fault in the condom and caused me to get the virus??
Any answers/comments would be appreciated
HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child.

You never had a risk.
When a condom breaks you will know it. It fails noticeably. Condom protected sex is safe sex. No need for testing.
thanks for your replies. i realise that protected sex will minimise risks but from what ive been reading there is no guarantee
Latex condoms, when used consistently and correctly, are highly effective in preventing the sexual transmission of HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. In addition, consistent and correct use of latex condoms reduces the risk of other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), including diseases transmitted by genital secretions, and to a lesser degree, genital ulcer diseases. Condom use may reduce the risk for genital human papillomavirus (HPV) infection and HPV-associated diseases, e.g., genital warts and cervical cancer.
Laboratory studies have demonstrated that latex condoms provide an essentially impermeable barrier to particles the size of STD pathogens.