HIV Prevention Community
Chances of Having HIV?

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Chances of Having HIV?

In the beginning of february I had sex with a prostitute. First I had oral protected sex and then vaginal sex using condom. My mistake was that I made her a cunnilingus and that is what I am afraid of. I regret everyday that I stayed with her. 6 days later I took HIV test CMIA (abbott architect) and the result was negative. In this time I had fever but only for one day, I got the flu for two weeks and I dont know what else to do. I went to a doctor and he told me that the risk it is very low but I am still feeling sick. Then again went to the doctor because I had a sore throat and runny nose and told me that I have allergic rhinitis, and it's been a long time with sore throat and runny nose, so my question is whether I can be infected with HIV?
Oral sex is not a risk for HIV. You did not have a risk.