HIV Prevention Community
Chances of getting HIV?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Chances of getting HIV?

Not to long ago I had an encounter with a friend I had not seen in a while.  She is somewhat premiscous and the thought of that usually turned me off.  But on this particular day it didn't.  Anyways, one thing lead to another and she ended up making out with me and then giving me a blowjob.  She had a dry cut sligtly above her lip.  My penis had no cuts on it.  Nor did my lips.   And it was not like she was rubbing my penis on her mouth or anything.  Just a standard blowjob.  A penis in mouth kinda deal.  I did ejaculate in her mouth as well.  I felt fine after, but a few weeks later I had flu like symptoms and a dry throat.  At first I attributed it to my late night college behavior (weird sleeping hours), lack of caffiene for the last couple of days, and being couped up in a dorm surrounded by sick people.  Then because I am the kinda of person to think I am diseased when I have a common cold, I checked on line for hiv information.  And I started stressing about it alot more (because I read that early symptoms of hiv seem like the flu) and all that did was make me feel worse.  And just the stress made me feel like if I went to sleep early or if I had a headache that it was all part of early hiv.  This all happened in the few week.  And I have only been sick for the last week.  I was wondering what are my chances are of getting hiv from this encounter.
Hi there,

Your risk of HIV infection is basically zero.  Receiving an oral does not put one in a real risk for HIV infection.

Also, by you ejaculating in her mouth, put her in a greater risk if you have HIV , not the other way round.

Cheers!
The chances of you contracting HIV through oral (in your situation specifically) is pretty much as good as winning the lottery, consecutively every week for a year. So....try buying a lottery ticket each week for a year, if you win every week - go get tested. =)

An STD panel wouldn't be a bad idea if you're sexually active. You can get an NGU from oral sex if her hygiene wasn't up to par, but you can seriously dig a 30 foot hole and stuff those thoughts of HIV down there.
You don't need testing for HIV.
Move on
Thnks guys for all your help.  You have really calmed me down =)