HIV Prevention Community
Children

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Children

I made a big mistake 8 days ago and stepped outside of my marriage and had an encounter with a prostitute off the internet. We had...

Unprotected Oral sex for about 5 minutes (her on me)
Protected Vaginal sex for about 3-4 minutes

I ejaculated inside the condom and to my knowledge it didn't look ripped, and the condom in it's packaging didnt look like there were holes poked in it.

My wife and I want to start a family, and obviously that requires unprotected sex.  Am I ok after on encounter?  If I somehow got infected and infected her I would seriously lose my mind/life/sanity.

Note...the sex worker still posts almost every day, and she swore up and down she gets tested every 3 months, and if she had something she wouldnt go around spreading it, etc.
You had no risk from unprotected oral sex and no risk from protected sex.
no risk!

but i understand your predicament when  it comes to the family all reason and logic will not convince you,
A test will be comforting wait for 28 days for a DUO test or Do a PCR test now this will be conclusive and destress you.
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
* After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
* Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
* Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
The experts on this very forum recommend the DUO at 28 days post exposure TEAK!
will they be banned?
Wrong. There are no tests that are sold and marketed to give a conclusive test result earlier than 3 months. Early detection and a conclusive result are not the same. The guidelines for a conclusive result have not changed.