HIV Prevention Community
Chronic hiv?

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Chronic hiv?

I believe I've been exposed to hiv 16 yrs. ago but never had a test until I started 5 yrs. ago. I've had 5 tests since then & they are all negative or non-reactive. I've been experiencing diminishing health starting w/ testicular pain(horrendous constant, throbbing pain like someone kicked me in the balls!) from one unprotected encounter 16 yrs. ago that lasted about 4 yrs. & then it felt like something travel from down there into my abdomen(a lot of constant cramping in these parts) for another few yrs. & now 'something' has traveled into my upper torso is giving me intermittent heart pains & breathing problems. I feel like I will keel over & pass out at any giving moment when I start to have an 'episode' as I have named them. Also, I get a lot of body aches especially in my lower back along w/ fatigue now. All other past pain has either subsided or is subtle. Since I waited so long, could I have weakened my immune system so bad that a conventional antibody can't detect hiv because there are no more antibodies being dispatched? If so is there another test to confirm hiv/and or aids?? & has anybody ever heard of or been through similar symptoms??
You don't understand how the testing process works.  There is no "waiting too long", once positive, a person will always test positive, end of story.  HIV doesn't have the ability to "hide" and not be detected.

Your test results are more than conclusive.  I suggest that if you're experiencing health problems, you work with your doctor to find a cause, it isn't HIV.  
You don't have an HIV concern.
Thanx Teak 4 an expedited response in this matter. But being the case, what test would be best to find out what it might be as far as hiv/aids is concerned & if not that route should i see a cardiologist or pulmonologist for this?
See your doctor for your concerns. This forum is HIV specific.
Why have you had so many tests? 3 months after exposure is conclusive.
Well I jus' can't believe that it could be 'anxiety'. I believe that an antibody test isn't conclusive because I waited too long & maybe my immune system is so bad that it doesn't even make antibodies to detect so there has got to be another test I can do. I feel like I'm getting weaker through the years & I'm dying.

Thank u 4 comment. Was jus' tryna find out. Are u a nurse?
Yes she is a nurse.
I'm tryna see if she can guide me in the right direction friend.
The internet is not a place to get diagnosed for whatever it is that ails you.
You should make an appointment with a Physician but forget about HIV. It is not what is causing you all these symptoms.
Thank you for your input & it is a relief hearing that this isn't hiv related but i still feel like i'm getting weaker & or dying here. I don't know what specialist i should go to? Since having breathing & heart troubles of late, pulmonologist or cardiologist?
This forum is HIV specific if you are unwell see your doctor.
The worst immune system in the world will still make antibodies within 6 months.
The worst immune system will produce antibodies by 3 months.