HIV Prevention Community
Clarification on HIV exposure and risk (or lack of)

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Hey guys I know I've posted before so please bear with me I Just need to clarify some stuff?

I had an encounter with a CSW from Thailand (she's here on a visit sort of). Anyway, the "exposures" were protected oral (received), unprotected cunnilingus (given), protected vaginal sex and stimulating (not inserting though just on the vaginal lips).

Moving on, during the cunnilingus, I didn't really go all the way it was just on the exterior where the vaginal lips ? I guess were and I detected no (or a miniscule) amount of fluid. Even with my finger just stimulating the exterior, the fluid didn't really come out only inside.

For the protected vaginal she used KY Jelly lubricant which after reading it I guess it's safe and the condom didn't break (it's a catastrophic failure if it breaks right? and after the session the semen was still in the condom so it worked). Does a condom's brand mean anything? Because this brand was not exactly a well known brand but still used at times.

Oh she bathed me also and used her hand to scrub my body which is also safe right?

In conclusion, just wanted to clarify I had little (no) risk at all?

2 weeks ago I had another encounter but that was just penile-to-hand contact (handjob) which is also safe?

Thanks!
Go back and reread the replies you were given on AidsMeds.
you mean the poz forums?

Yea I guess you're right. Thanks for your help Teak! Really appreciate it and for putting up with my repeated questioning! Thank you! (:
Hey sorry but about 1 week and.3 weeks.ago I had an encounter.where I gave and received unprotected.oral. Is it of.risk? A week ago I had phlegm so would it.increase.the chance? Because today I have some sore.rib and slight aches. And my mouth feels like there is.an ulcer though its.probably.due to the pimple outside it and the inner side of.my.lower.lip has.bloodshot veins.and capillarirses
Oral sex is not a risk for hiv transmission under any circumstance,however it may be a good idea to test for other more common STD,s.All the best.
Okay er another clarification.
Today about 6 hours ago I suddenly had these 3 insect.bite like itch on my right arm as though an ant.bit. It grew a bit and now it is red and small doesnt itch. I also have some small bumps on my lip it doesnt hurt just uncomfortable because can feel the raised.bit. Is it of concern?
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
Hey guys some clarification.

Recently had some encounters and so on from the ones mentioned above. The most recent was on 17th Sept. Anyway, the 'riskiest' i ever had was receiving an unprotected oral (i'm uncircumcised) and sucking on nipples.

Anyway the most recent encounter i only had protected vaginal sex (she wasn't feeling too well as she had some pain in her privates i guess so i didn't perform oral or anything too)

Now i noticed some small bumps on my hand (where the thumb joins index the fleshy bit there like 4 small tiny boil liked bumps - i had an allergic rash that looked like mosquito bites there for around 20 mins though so perhaps they are leftovers?)

But then when I looked at my torso there were a few (not a lot just a couple on my left chest and 1 near my belly button - not itchy though and unless you look really hard you can't really see it (small raised, dot like a boil).

Risks? or am i overreacting? (having runny nose now too! for like 5 days already)

Thanks!
You never had an exposure.
Just like your other incident,you never had a risk with this recent incident either.I think you need to understand the routes of hiv transmission and the facts.Your safe.You might be starting to become paranoid.
Okay sorry just wanna ask if performing cunnilingus for maybe 5 seconds max while having some phlegm in the throat is it riskier?

I had some runny nose which ended up in my throat but it's not the usual where you can "cough and feel the phlegm" but rather it's just this uncomfortable feeling in the throat like after you have too many cold drinks.

And receiving unprotected oral while I'm uncircumcised is safe right?
Both times you had no risk and you have been told this over and over again.What you are experiencing now is not related to hiv and neither are any of the sexual acts you engaged in.It might be time for you to seek some anxiety therapy.
URGENT PLEASE HELP!!

After the encounter that I posted everything was alright till just now. When i went to shower, as I was washing my penis, I felt a slight sting (i'm uncircumcised) so after flipping the foreskin a little I saw what i think are sores??

The closest I can find that resemble them are this:

http://www.google.com.sg/imgres?q=genital+sores&num=10&um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1680&bih=956&tbm=isch&tbnid=ZJgR9DnpJ-BqZM:&imgrefurl=http://www.herpesmedicationonline.com/types-of-herpes.php&docid=Ptevq0jE5Hc8zM&imgurl=http://www.herpesmedicationonline.com/images/herpes-simplex-2.jpg&w=443&h=282&ei=VKynTvWFHobUrQed1KG9DQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=872&vpy=460&dur=1058&hovh=179&hovw=282&tx=182&ty=106&sig=111276808201701816457&sqi=2&page=1&tbnh=115&tbnw=180&start=0&ndsp=41&ved=1t:429,r:20,s:0

http://www.google.com.sg/imgres?q=cold+sores+on+lips&um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1680&bih=956&tbm=isch&tbnid=OEAzASPg6aXABM:&imgrefurl=http://www.empowher.com/media/reference/cold-sores&docid=J0AeJ3Egtwb-QM&imgurl=http://www.empowher.com/files/ebsco/images/si2176.jpg&w=391&h=255&ei=Ua2nTsekOczqrQeu3OjpAg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=1183&vpy=220&dur=2928&hovh=181&hovw=278&tx=173&ty=95&sig=111276808201701816457&page=1&tbnh=120&tbnw=184&start=0&ndsp=40&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:0

They are on the inside of the foreskin, not throughout like vertically lined down.I couldn't spot any on the penis itself. So basically when I sit and accidentally press against the tip of the foreskin where they are it stings a little. PLEASE HELP IS IT HERPES/WARTS OR SYPHILLIS (syphilis)?

It doesn't hurt when I urinate though (did that just now and no feeling) but now when I walk a little and the foreskin hits the side of my thigh it stings a little. Before shower (befor i realized it) there was no issue whatsoever. Please help!
If you have sores on your penis you need to go to a doctor have them checked out, we cannot diagnose your sores here.

Regardless of what you have on your penis you are still not at risk for HIV.  Nobody has ever gotten HIV by gettign blown.  Nobody, and you will not be the first!  Seriously.

Stop freaking yourself out about this, its totally unnecessary.  You did not have a risk for HIV.
Hey well I had unprotected oral and it seems that because of that, yesterday I had some stinging sensation while showering and found some sores/blisters/warts in small clusters in my foreskin. The doctor also thinks it's herpes though I'm waiting for the test results around next week.

My question is that I think it happened about 4 weeks back since i received unprotected oral although it can happen earlier. So yea if it did happen earlier, and I had some encounters inbetween the riskiest being unprotected oral, because i noticed that before all these my semen tend to have a strong smell, will it increase my chance of haivng HIV?

Also, the day after it occurred I had watery stools and went to toilet 3 times during the day, is it some ARS symptoms?
Move on you do not have an HIV concern.
I recently had a high fever of one day only though i'm not sure what the cause was. And I had some rash about the size of a palm on my right elbow. Also I've lost about 4kg in 3 weeks though i think that's because  i'm currently undergoing some physical exercise regime every single day so is this a cause for concern?