HIV Prevention Community
Concerned about Hiv

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Concerned about Hiv

About 6 months ago i had unprotected sex with a friend whom i did not know their status for HIV, after that encounter about 6 weeks later i fell really ill with something that felt like the flu. My body and muscles were in pain everywhere, I had discharge coming out of my penis, and i had constant headaches. I have been tested several times (once last week) and the tests have all come back negative but over the last 6 months i have just felt my health deteriorating. I had a rash that looked similar to bug bites all over my chest a couple months ago, and i have had diarrhea for about 4 months now also i have had nasal congestion for the last 4 months even though i have never had allergies before in my life and also I now have a fungal infection on several of my fingernails. I was told that since my test was post the 3 month waiting period and also past the 6 month period that they are completely conclusive. Is there any way the antibodies couldn't have shown up for this period of time or could there be something else causing these symptoms?
You have conclusive results
Hi Thanks for your quick response.
Since the Hiv results are conclusive is there anything else that could be causing these symptoms? and is there anything that can cause a delay in the creation of antibodies?
See a Dr, has nothing to do with HIV