HIV Prevention Community
Concerns regarding protected oral sex and handjob

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

About a month ago I visited an escort. She performed oral sex on me with a condom; rolled it down and squeezed the tip to create the reservoir. When we were done I observed no cuts or tears in the condom and nothing seemed to be dripping out. Two weeks later I visited another escort girl, received two massages with scabs on my back and two handjobs. She used oil for everything. I had a minor scrape on my knee that I had acquired about 7 hours prior to the encounter. She lightly hovered over my knee to shift positions and when I observed the area I observed no vaginal fluid; the area seemed dry. I was just worried that she might have had some on her leg (it didn't seem so). I fingered her through her panties, pecked her on her lips and had her nipple in my mouth for a few seconds; washing all areas immediately afterwards.

About 4 weeks after the first encounter (2 weeks after the second) I took the HIV antibody test and it came out negative. However I had a sore throat for 4 weeks on end a few days after the first encounter. My friends told me this was probably due to the fact that I smoke a lot (about a pack a day at the time which wasn't normal for me before) and I do remember it being difficult to swallow even before the encounter so my smoking may have augmented that. Along with that there was nausea on and off (felt like hyperventilation) for a few days at varying points in the day and I was trying to quit smoking at this point. I had some weird black/white lesions on my tongue that my friends attribute to smoking and bad oral hygiene (which I admit to; I hadn't been brushing for a while). They're still there although the tongue plaque is gone. The sore throat went away a few days after I quit smoking, and throughout the day my right knee felt somewhat loose/dull (and my right knee had a tendency to crack in the past) plus a few other joints would pop a lot. After a few days there was nothing else really after I spoke to my physician who said there wasn't much to be worried about. He and my friends attribute all of this to intense levels of anxiety, plus the fact that I was trying to quit smoking. One lymph node seemed a bit tender in my jaw but that went away after a few days but yesterday another one was slightly tender in my neck. It's gone down but is still a bit tender. Sometimes my ankles hurt for a few seconds; random flashes of minor aching as well as in my fingers. To top that off I've been missing meals and lost my appetite at points. Does any of this sound like ARS or is the timing just inconvenient? There hasn't been any significant lymph node swelling every time my doctor feels, no mosquito bite-like rash on my torso and no fever. I spoke to my physician but I really need another opinion on this. I took the DNA test for early detection 5 weeks and 2 days after the first encounter and 22 days after the second and am awaiting my results. All of this happened about 2 weeks after the 2nd encounter. My actual questions are as follows:

1.) How does the risk look for HIV transmission given everything I've stated? (I tested negative for other stds at their own time of detection)

2.) If my results come back negative can I put this whole mess behind me or should I do another 3 month test just to be sure?
Hi, from what you describe there was no risk for contracting HIV. Its contracted from unprotected vaginal.anal sex, sharing IV drug needles and mother to baby that it.