HIV Prevention Community
Conclusive result

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Conclusive result

Doc,

I live in Indonesia, i have an unprotected sex with a csw, i am very worried and goes to testing frenzy, i know that the window period for HIV test is 3 month, after 3 weeks of exposure my doc suggest i test my cd4 and the result is 1140 with cd4 percentage 36%, on 5th week i tested my cd4 again and the result is 1042 and the cd4 percentage is 34%, as i cant wait for a 3 month window i have an hiv test on the 40th days (PCR rna test and HIV antibody test using CMIA, ELFA, and MIA method and also another CD4 test), the result is as follow:
PCR RNA test : virus is undetectable (the CPR test only test for hiv-1);
HIV antibody test : non reactive;
CD4: 756 and 28%

is it mean that i dont have HIV and its conclusive? should i get another test after 3 month window period? and is it bormal to have a decrease in CD4 and cd4 percentage within one week if the viral load is undetectable? is it possible that i catch hiv 2 in indonesia and thats why the viral load test result is undetectable
?

thank you very much for your answer on this.

regards,
None of your tests are used for diagnosing HIV. Find a doctor that knows what they are doing.
teak i know the CD4 is not intended to screen HIV, i just want to know is it normal for non hiv people to have a sudden decrease in the cd4.

for the test, i read that its the recommended test for early direction (PCR RNA together with antibody test), can you explain why you dont see this two test as a hiv diagnosis test?  
CD4 jump up and down all the time even if you have tested several times in one day. CD4 won't tell you if you have HIV. There are not tests marketed or sold to give a conclusive negative test result earlier than 3 months post exposure.
noted, tx for the info teak
Sorry to bother u again, i was browsing medhelp, and dr jose stated that PCR test is valid after 7 days http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/167465/Whats-the-best-HIV-Test-

is this true, since u are saying that hiv test only valid after 3 month period
I'm not an expert, but you can search this web for blog by dr Jose, here's a link

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/167465/Whats-the-best-HIV-Test-

None of the doctors on this website approve HIV tests and the PCR-RNA test is NOT conclusive at 7 days. There are no tests marketed or sold to give a conclusive test result earlier than 3 months post exposure.
okay teak
Teak, i am going to take an hiv test, to ensure that i done it after the window period, can you advise me, what do 3 months period mean, is it 12 weeks or 90 days? tx teak