Condom Expiry Date
Hi Guys,

Was wondering if any of you guys are knowledgable about risks of using expired condoms.

A friend was using a condom for vaginal sex with a sexually active friend. He then noticed that the condom has already expired since October 2004. The condom did not break during intercourse.

I couldnt tell him anything since I havent read up on condoms and couldnt find any info on risks of expired condoms, other than dont use it.

1) Does expired condoms develop holes after expiry dates?
2) Or the general rule still applies whereby only if the condom breaks, then you can worry. Otherwise it is still okay?
3) What is his risk level? Low or High?

He also had an ulcer on the tip of his tounge, and he licked the vagina with the tip of his tounge, very briefly, not thrusting his tounge deep inside, but enough to get traces of vaginal fluid on the tip of his tounge. Is this high risk?

many thanks for your advise.

As long as the condom did not fail, he would not have anything to worry about.
Hi Teak, thanks for your answer above.

With regards to the second scenario, whereby he had an ulcer on the tip of his tounge, then performed oral on the female, of which she was very wet, and though he did not thrust deep into the vagina (sorta like very light one brush lick with his tounge on the vulva), there were traces of vagina fluid on the tip of his tounge. He is worried about his risk if:

1) The girl was HIV positive?
2) The girl is within the High Viral Load window period (10 to 30 days after infection)?

And also, what are risks of aggressive french kissing? I read somewhere that there must be a lot of blood present in the mouth for it to be high risk. Do you agree with this statement?

Thanks Teak
You know too much about your friend... huh ?

NO risk situations !