HIV Prevention Community
Condom broke, Negative partner

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Condom broke, Negative partner

Dear doc,

My English is not very good but I will try best to describe my risk.

On 11 sep, I had an protected sex with part time csw in Thailand , however, the condom broke at my 2nd time check.which I assumed it was exposed inside around 1-2 mins. I rushed to clean with soap and water and proceeding to finish with new condom.

However, after I realized , met with doctor, urgent 4 th gen test came out negative and  he told me PEP can be warranted if I was unsure about that girl status. So I decided to take PEP after 4 hours of exposure.

Btw, after that , I finally managed to had the girl test with 4 th gen on 15 sep (4 days post exposure) and the result came back negative as well as my another negative 4th gen and NAT Rna test on 20 sep (10 days post exposure).

However, for the concern on her window period, pep has been continued until today and 3 more days to go, some information stated that at NAT RNA test of 10 days , I can be very encouraging with negative result even with PEP taken

Please advise my further action after PEP finished.

Thank you
3 months after your last dose of nPEP is when you will have a conclusive result.