HIV Prevention Community
Confused and need help

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Confused and need help

Thank you everyone for all your responses and i will appreciate your help if you could clarify this for me:

I have been reading on the forum that if HIV symptoms do occur, it starts between 2-4 weeks after exposure and last 1-2weeks.

But this is what i read from freedomhealth: which says that symptoms can occur between 2-12 weeks after exposure.

The major symptoms generally occur in the first 2 to 4 weeks after infection but the symptoms of early HIV infections do not always appear in 70% of the patients who we treat at Freedom Health. Symptoms are known to develop between 2 to 12 weeks after possible exposure to HIV but you will only become HIV positive if the person you have had penetrative sex with is HIV positive.
http://www.freedomhealth.co.uk/sexual-health/early-symptoms-of-hiv3

My exposure was about 13 weeks ago, and am still having fever, body ache and general unwell feeling. could these still be as a result of HIV
if your exposure was 13 weeks ago then why haven't you tested?
I tested 6weeks, 9.5 weeks, 10.5 weeks and 13weeks all of which were done with the finger prick antibody test and came back negative. But i dont know the accuracy of the test.
it's accurate and you have a conclusive result--time to move on.
Please am still experiencing severe body and joint aches and its making me very uncomfortable to study as am a student. I tested negative after 14wks, could what am experiencing still be HIV. Please i need the patience of anyone who can explain to me how long one can have symptoms. It's over 4 months now since my exposure.
Please help me.
See your doctor if you are concerned about your symptoms, they have nothing to do with HIV.