HIV Prevention Community
Could I have contracted HIV from a prick on a bus?

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

I sat on a bus today and rested my back against the seat. I was pricked instantly by something which felt like a small needle. I felt around the seat with my fingers and felt the tip of whatever it was through the material but it wasn't fully sticking out so I couldn't see it.

The prick left a little dot on my back and it there is a small pale circle around it. No blood was drawn but my back feels like it is seizing up around that spot. It feels really tight.

I'm super paranoid that I could be infected with HIV or hepatitis etc. Is it possible? I live in an area with high rates of HIV/AIDs...

I've booked for a blood test on wednesday because I'm working until then.
Tags: HIV, AIDS, Hepatitis, bloog, STD, sti
Irrational fear.  You don't have a concern and don't need testing.  You need to address your anxiety.