HIV Prevention Community
Could I have contracted HIV?

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Could I have contracted HIV?

So I was making out with a guy and we were really into it when I began tasting blood. We stopped and I asked him about it and he said he just had his molar removed a few weeks prior, and so that might've been it. I knew then that I had some sore in my mouth that had just healed and no longer hurt, but whose mark (a small, yellow dot) was still visible. This already sent alarm bells ringing and we stopped kissing shortly after that.

He kept telling me he's clean. But of course, I'm taking no chances. I've been reading up on this a lot and most answers say there is almost no chance my case is a cause for concern. But like every paranoid person, I'm just not sure! I've decided to get tested but only after a month, because that's when they say the body will have produced sufficient antibodies to HIV to be detected.

So what do you think of the risks? I've been over-thinking about this and I honestly couldn't sleep soundly.
Tags: blood when kissing, HIV Transmission, HIV, HIV transmission through kiss, mouth sore, Blood, risk
You never an exposure.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child