HIV Prevention Community
Could it be acute HIV?

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Could it be acute HIV?

Ive been sleeping with the same guy(mostly without protection) for around 1 year now but beginning 12/20/2009 Ive been having symptoms that are suggestive of something serious...i started getting an ear ache, sore throat, throat tightness and pain in back teeth...went to primary dr. he thought it was an ear infection...at first it got better with antibiotics but then came right back....now after 6 weeks of antibiotics, I still have symptoms....Went to an ENT, he said its not sinus or ear infection....He referred me to an allergist. I tested for HIV and it came back negative but is it possible that I could have become recently infected from the same guy? Is it normal to have ear pain, sore throat, nose congestion for almost 2 months? Please shed some light on this since I am freaking out!
Test at 3 months after your last unprotected sex to obtain a conclusive test result.
Avatar n tn
What kind of ear ache is it? is it a constant ear ache or does it come periodically?
Ok. But what are my risks of an HIV infection?
its more like ear congestion/pressure that comes periodically when my nose is congested.
Ive just got tested after 7 weeks of possible exposure, and after 7 weeks of a living hell along with all sorts of ARS symptoms you could imagine. Negative for HIV1-2, is this encouraging?
· Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusive negative results or a no-risk situation will be based up the criteria MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
* After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
* Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
* Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
Symptoms will never tell you anything about your status. They only way to know your status is testing at the proper time.
I understand that I cannot conclusively know my status until I test but based on your experience, I would just like your opinion on whether my risks are high or low...Im reading your responses to other posts and I noticed that it is typically the answer you give(whether that individual's risk is high or low)...Thanks.