Could one swollen lymph node be a sign of HIV
I don't really know where to begin because my mind is racing right now. Basically, i've had a swollen lymph node on the left side of my neck that's come back twice now. The first time it happened, i went to see the doctor and she said i was just fighting off a virus and to take some paracetamol, which i did. It went away after about 5 days and i completely forgot about it up until this week when it was slightly swollen again in the same place.

I went back to the doctor today and she checked all my lymph nodes. She said that the one that was bothering me was slightly swollen but i have no other swollen lymph nodes. She booked me in for an ultra sound on my neck to check to see why it was swollen again and i've also got a blood test in a few weeks. She told me not to worry but i'm terrified.

I'm scared that it's HIV or cancer. I've only ever slept with one person but we didn't use a condom and we had a causal relationship for a while. I've heard from people that he's used a lot of girls. I feel like my life is over. I'm only 25 years old. I've considered taking my own life because i know i couldn't cope if it was something serious. Can any other stds cause swollen lymph nodes or is it just HIV?
U need to relax.when a person has hiv they have more then one swollen lymph node not jus one...you should jus get tested if your really worried..im sure you dont have nothing