Aa
A
A
Close
Could these be false positive results?
On the 19th of last month, I went to get a standard STD screening. All of my tests came back negative, except the HIV test which was backed up at the lab, they said. On the 2nd I was called and told I needed to come in for results. On the 6th, I was given the following HIV test results:

HIV Screen 4th Generation wRfx - Reactive

HIV 1 Ab - Non Reactive
HIV 2 Ab - Non Reactive

HIV 1 RNA Qualitative - Positive
(Positive for HIV-1 RNA)

That same day (the 6th), they also gave me a rapid finger prick test, but it came back negative. I'm waiting on RNA Quantitative results now, but it could be a couple of weeks. Is there a chance these test results are false positives? I know it sounds like an acute infection, but I'm a 25 year old female, who's never used needles, and I hadn't expected these results. I just feel like this must be a mistake, especially since the rapid test was also negative.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Have you recently had had risky behaviour ((unprotected intercourse - sharing needles)) ???

WHEN and WHAT was it ???

Bear in mind that RNAs are not diagnostic tests and have higher rates of false positives.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.
HIV Prevention Community Resources
Top HIV Answerers
Blank
366749 tn?1503577492
Blank
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Blank
Arlington, WA
3191940 tn?1447272317
Blank
3149845 tn?1506631371