HIV Prevention Community
Could this be a factor?
About This Community:

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Could this be a factor?

I have posted many times regarding my one time high risk encounter for HIV and the fact that I have had so many symptoms over the past two years in spite of negative test results.  Please, do not ban me as I believe I have a legitimate question that I have not asked before two this point.  I have shown in multiple testing to have a IgM deficiency, below the normal range connsistantly at least three times over the past year.  Your IgM is your bodies first response to a virus and is responsble for creating antibodies, could this IgM deficiency call into question the antibody test results?
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
NO,and you have conclusive results,I suggest if you can't accept these results then seek some form of therapy
Blank
Thanks, everything I have been able to read has said that IgM deficiency can affect the accuaracy of antibody related tests.  I must be mistaken.
Blank
You are 100% mistaken--thats not true--you don't have HIV
Blank
Your IgG would have been detected had you been infected.
Blank
  Teak, would the IgG would be detected even if the IgM was not making antibodies at the right rate?  I have had re-occurring yeast infections, oral thrush, chronic nasal congestion, headaches, nausea, fatigue, sore throat, diarrhea.  If your IgM which is the initial antibody reaction does not work properly, how would the IgG know to make antibodies?
Blank
Is there any way Teak that I have an immune issue which continually low IgM which could be affecting the HIV test?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank