Cunnilingus to stripper and 13 day DNA-PCR negative
Im a 30s male and gave a brief cunnilingus to a female stripper (few seconds, half minute at the most). No other form of exposure, all my clothes stayed on.

My pcp told me 3 days later I was at virtually no risk for HIV. But I insisted on a DNA-PCR test, had my blood drawn after 13 days and 2.5 hrs which came out negative.

After 3 weeks from exposure, I developed some mild throat infection and cough (but so do all my family members and colleagues at this time of the year)
After 3.5 weeks I have some pain in my abdomen, kinda lymph-node areas. Could be because of stress- Im stressed beyond my own imagination.

I have read about DNA-PCR as not being FDA approved and not accurate on different websites (though more false-positives than false-negatives)
I also read it should be taken at 10-14 days in one website while other say 2-3 weeks.

My exposure was mild, but I did the DNA-PCR test after only 13 days, would experts on this forum recommend more tests for hiv? If so, should I get a DNA-PCR test or antibody test and at what intervals?

Thanks!
You never had a risk.
Thank you very much Teak!
This is the only time I have strayed from my wife/son, I have become a nervous wreck!
I have become ruling out one disease after another and your help is greatly appreciated.

1. so is 13 day dna-pcr conclusive in my case? or do I nede an antibody test after 12 weels?

2. The throat infection I have developed after 3 weeks, is it a possibility of oral-herpes? Also after 3.5 weeks, I have a small mouth-sore 1/10th of an inch.
(I have read that herpes usually shows 1-2 weeks after contact so Im hoping it is not plus I had cough for sometime which I gather is not a symptom of oral-herpes)

Thanks again so much for your help. The social work you are doing is a savior for stupid-people like me.
teak told you that you NEVER had a risk.  why did you turn around and ask him if you need an antibody test?  you dont need to test for something that you DONT have.
Hello Lizzie, You are absolutley right. I have been told by doctors and Teak that I dont need _any_testing and DNA-PCR at 13 days has been negative but still when I cough, sneeze, scratch my head, rub my eyes, I cant think of anything but...

People like Teak and you are doing a great service to others who are at real risk and I dont want to be that guy who makes you guys spend your precious time on a non-risk like me.

Thanks! I guess I need healing in my head...