HIV Prevention Community
Cunninglus no risk or incrediable small???????

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

The San Fransico Dept of Health list cunninglus as have no HIV risk, not even as possilbe or unknown.  I have seen various web sites on Aids/STD prevention use this infomation. So if they are saying that cunninglus does not have even a possilbe or unknown risk, they must have some definate proof, what is it??? Otherwise they are being  irresponsible, which I cannot imagine since they are at ground zero of AIDS in the U.S and have the most experience dealing with.  On the other hand Doctors on this site have indicated that performing cunninglus on a women HIV infected has a 1 in 10,000 chance of being infected.  So what is the deal???  On the one hand the San Fransico Dept of Health is saying go ahead and perform cunninglus until the cows come you, you may have a small risk for herpes, but none for HIV.  On the other the Doctors on this site are saying your chances are extremely, extremely low which is comforting unless you are that ''one'' in a 10,000 that performs cunninglus on a HIV infected women. Just find it curious how two seemingly creditable and knowledgeable sources can be saying different things (although not vastly) about the same risk factor?? Any insight appreciated,

The truth is, you do not contract HIV from Cunninglus.
the fact of the matter is chance and odds really dont come into this. Lets put it in perspeactive.

Would you bet on a horse with odds of 10000 to 1.

no way as the chance of it coming in are no chance. not n your life time anyway.

However in medical science they never say 100% or definately ss when it comes to nature it can sometime but very very very rarely;take you by suprise. But yeah i agree with teak. not a risk.
So if I understand this right  San Fransico Dept of Health is comfortable saying cunninglus is no risk.  However the doctors on this form are basically hedging their bets by saying 1 out of 10,000 leaving themselves some wiggle room if by some chance it happens or has happened.  Kind of like instead of saying all geese migrate south for the winter, they are saying all the evidence points to this, but we can not conclusively say there has never been a goose that migrated to the north, although none have observerd.

I read on this form that recent studies have shown that cunninglus is no risk.  do you know any thing about these???  What is the no risk based on???  Research? Clinical observations? Biology???  I thought vagial secretions can have the HIV virus in it? What you have drink a bucket a week of vagial secretion befroe you can get infected????  Does salvia break it down???  If unprotected intercourse is a risk how is it an unprotected tongue and mouth are no risk???  Obviously I understand there is a difference between a tongue and a penis, unless you are Gene Simmons of course:)
When HIV flies you come talk to me about it.
I'VE GOT SOMETHING TO SHARE...

YOU WERE NEVER AT RISK AND NEED TO MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vaginal fluids can contain HIV virus, right or wrong?

Cunninglus is direct contact via the mouth or tongue, how is that flying????
move on
I got back from Thailand and trust me I was smoking about 40 B,G,s a month ...... . In English that is giving head to Bar Girls....Never even got a cold......Of course as old as I am .....that is all I could do......When I first went there my intentions where good ...I used cellophane wrap....but that soon stopped.....
Rick151