HIV Prevention Community
Dear Doctor

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Dear Doctor

Dear Doctor,
First of all I would like to thank you for your great forum and help.
I am a 20 year old male and 3 weeks ago I had sexual intercourse with a lady. Everything was protected except for oral sex. After oral sex I went to wash up in the bathroom and saw a small cut on my penis (given that I have shaved 1 or 2 hours before intercourse). And now I have moved to London which is 3 weeks from the incident, however I started to have a soar throat and when checked I found that it could be an early symptom of HIV. I am writing you this Question to get your respective knowledge in order to guide me to what my next step should be.

1) Could the Soar Throat be just because of Climate change? (coming from 20 degrees to 1 degree)
2) Should I get my self checked?

thank YOu very much and hope to hear from you soon

Regards Simeone