Delta-32
I was watching this show and supposedly there are quite a few people that have this genetic adaptation that makes them immune to HIV.  Evidently, it's the same adaptation that made people immune from the bubonic plague.  There's a county in England where people were tested for it, and 15% of the population were shown to have the Delta-32 genetic adaptation and, therefore, are genetically immune from ever being able to catch HIV.

I wonder how you get tested to see if you have Delta-32?
Contact your doctor and have the run the test to check to see if you have Delta-32 gene. Very few people have a double Delta - 32. You would hope you were lucky to have it. One Delta -32 gene cause a rapid increase of those that are HIV to proceed to AIDS. You have to understand that is a rare event for someone to have the Delta 32 gene. Apx price is about 160.00.
The way I understand, a single Delta-32 gene causes HIV infection to be more difficult to contract and slows the progression of AIDS.  A double Delta-32 gene (much rarer), causes the individual to be immune from HIV infection altogether because the virus has no way to bind and replicate to CD4 cells.  Maybe a little off on the science, but that's the way I understand it.

It is only found in the caucasian population, and is much more prominant in the Northern European population (10-15%) versus the Southern European population (5-10%).  Since my lineage is almost 100% from Northern Europe, I should probably get tested.

It is not found at all in the Native American, African, or Asian populations, unless there is an admixture of Caucasian heritage.
Two genes does not make anyone immuned to HIV. It just makes it harder for the virus to take hold of the proper cells to multiply, but it does not make one immune.
There are many more common things that can be transmitted by unprotected sex.  So as Teak said, you should always practice safer sex anyway.  And if you do that, you don't have to worry about HIV regardless.  

I dont think having Delta-32 makes you immune to hiv, it just makes it harder for hiv to enter the cell. Even if you have delta 32, safe sex should always be practiced, u never know.
This is from a testing service website:

People with two copies of the CCR5 delta 32 gene (inherited from both parents) are virtually immune to HIV infection. This occurs in about 1-3% of Caucasian people. The genetic term is known as Homozygotes.

One copy of CCR5-delta 32 seems to give some protection against infection, and makes the disease less severe if infection occurs. This is more common, it is found in up to 10-25% of Caucasians. The genetic term is known as Heterozygotes.
i am one of the very lucky people who have the double delta 32 gene. i found out when i lived in san francisco . i went for a hiv test and my doctor was amazed that i was neg after having unprotected sex with my partner who was positive for the entire 15 years we were together. after testing he found i do indeed have the double delta 32 , but he told me it makes me highly resistent to the virus,  not immune. so in short you should still wear protection.