HIV Prevention Community
Do HIV swollen lymph nodes have pus?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Do HIV swollen lymph nodes have pus?

Well I had unprotected sex with someone about 9 weeks ago, and then I got some kinds pimples in my armpits which were all full of pus (maybe 3 in each armpit). I was wondering whether this is a sign of the swollen lymph nodes for HIV or is it something else?
a "pimple" that is full of pus is NOT a swollen lymph node.
How do i tell the difference between multiple swollen pus filled pimple like structures and a swollen lymph node? I don't really know what a swollen lymph node looks like. Sorry for troubling.
the only time lymph nodes will fill with pus is from them becoming abscessed.  if you have an ABSCESS...you would know the difference ! !

you can test now for a very good indication of your status.  at this point...it would be HIGHLY UNLIKELY that your result would change at the 3 month mark.